What's new

HDTV Audio Connections (1 Viewer)

uncle joe

Auditioning
Real Name
john poniatowski
Just bought Panasonic P50GT30 HDTV and Denon AVR1313 surround sound receiver. Have Comcast HD box. All connections currently via HDMI cables. Only way that I've been able to have Denon audio is to connect HD Cable box --> AV receiver in --> Av receiver out --> HDTV in. This works and sounds great. Problem is if AV receiver is off, I have no audio or video on HDTV. I don't want to always power up AV receiver just to watch TV. Is there a way to have audio and video work on HDTV without AV receiver on, and then just switch AV receiver on when I choose? On my ancient Panasonic tube TB, there was an option to just switch from internal speakers to external via an AV receiver. Only similar option on this TV just turns speakers off.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Try connecting the cable box to the tv with hdmi. Then make a second connection from the cable box to the AVR using either optical or coax digital. I have mine setup this way. When I want to watch TV with the AVR, I mute the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks