What's new

HDMI Switching Solution - Gefen?? (1 Viewer)

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I am looking for a simple hdmi switching solution. I have read the numerous reviews and will try to avoid Monoprice due to its lengthy problems with connectivity although very inexpensive.

I live in Bermuda so it is basically a one shot deal; too expensive to return from here. I also noticed that there are not a lot of new posts on this subject or a mention of the Gefen Switcher that looks very feature based and a moderate price solution:

Gefen Inc. - 4x1 Gefen tv Switcher

Any ideas on how this one works?

I have an non-HDMI Anthem AVM 30 so I need a switcher for:

Tivo HD
Xbox 360
Panasonic BR
Toshiba A3

My display is only 720p but who prefer to get as much as I can for the $$ and the Gefen is 1.3 compliant for future upgrades.

Thanks,
C

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
This is one you might consider: HDMI 4 in, one out switcher

I have the 4 in, 2 out version: The 1 out version is 60$ and the 2 out version is 105$

Mine works fine--I had a compatibility issue with a computer monitor (HDMI) but a DVI/HDMI adapter solved that issue--I plugged my HDMI cable into the adapter, plugged the adapter into the DVI input on the monitor, problem solved (and the issue was with my monitor, not the switchbox).

Maybe the Gefen does something more (video processing, perhaps?) but I can say I'm happy with the one I got.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Ok read that you dont want Monoprice. I have the new unit they sell and it works very well for me - even with two runs that are over 30'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks