What's new

HDMI Switcher, problem/question? (1 Viewer)

steveGamble

Stunt Coordinator
I recently got a HDMI 3x1 switcher so I could connect both my HD satelite, and my Panasonic S77S DVD player, to my Panasonic ae900 projector.

My satelite works fine, but I get a weird code on my DVD player screen; U-70
and no signal.
I tried changing cables etc.. it seems as though there is some feedback going from the switcher to the s77s DVD player ? However this doesn't seem to bother the HD satellite reciever.

I don't know the brand of the switcher, because after people telling me that I'm wasting $money buying super expensive Monster stuff, I went a cheaper route eBay. Still paid $118.00 for it though.
Has anyone experienced anything like this ? Or know what these codes mean ? Or how I could find out ?
Thanks to all.
anyone recommend a good switcher ?

PaulT

Supporting Actor
What happens when you use the same cable and hook the Panasonic directly to the projector (bypass the switcher).

The U70-1 error refers to "the connected equipment is not HDMI compatible".

Have seen reference to U70-2 errors as well after searching the net and all seems to have been related to cables (wiggling cables, changed cables, moved cables fixed the problem etc). Since you have already tried different cables, then it may be improper HDMI/HDCP handshaking between the switcher and the player.

steveGamble

Stunt Coordinator
Yes....It seems to be a compatability issue.
I went and got another switcher, from BestBuy and works perfect.
This one does not plug into a AC outlet, just 3 hdmi ports.
Problem solved now.
Thanks.
One reason NOT to buy something without a return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks