What's new

HDMI Control issues (1 Viewer)

allendehl

Grip
Real Name
Allende Hernandez
Hi guys,
I just got my Denon AVR1712 and speaker set. I have a brand new LG 3D tv . Im trying to set HDMI control to be able to control everything through my TV.
This is what I've done so far:
- Turned HDMI Control ON
- Set P.Off Controll to ALL
- Set Standby Source to LAST
I connected the HDMI cable from the output connector in the receiver to the HDMI 1 in the TV(ARC). One other HDMI says: MHL, I dont really know what is that for. The TV manual its really poor.
Still can't sync both devices. The only thing I've been able to do is to pass the cable sign through with the receiver off.
I wonder if the issue might be the cable I'm using, is it possible? What am I missing?
Thanks

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Most of us use a universal remote to control our equipment. I personally use Harmony. A universal remote will control all of your equipment and allow you to setup 'macros' to turn on and off certain pieces together.

wynbnt

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne
Typically I would control all thru the Denon. Every source HDMI goes to receiver, I would turnHDMI control off if using a universal remote. This is an area I have not ventured into because it gets out of sync when using a custom remote. I use the universal MX850, the logitech harmony is customer programmable, but I like the MX much better. Also, denon app and airplay is nice if you run a network wire from router.

allendehl

Grip
Real Name
Allende Hernandez
The universal remote is a good idea....but anyone knows why wouln't HDMI Control work?? The HDMI cable I'm using might be a little cheap....Do I need any particular specification on the HDMI cable I use?
Monoprice has lots of different HDMI cables to choose from...
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks