What's new

HDMI cable...does brand matter? (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Definetly not especially comparing it to Monster cable. Also try Monoprice.com as well as Bettercables.com

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Definitely shop Monoprice first. I love that place and have saved a ton of money thanks to them.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
50ft Monoprice HDMI cable is $53.

I'm using a 15ft HDMI cable from Monoprice as well as 4x2 Matrix HDMI switch box. They are by far one of the best value companies that I have ever used.

-Robert

jason123

Agent
Just wondering you guys are all telling me about off brands monoprice, etc...if I can get the product form Tiger at cost are those cables that I listed good? I am sooo lost when it comes to these.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
BTW.........
Monoprice and BlueJeans Cable aren't exactly "no name" brands anymore. They have made good names for themselves, by selling very decent products for less money than the "big name" brands.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
This is also true to a lesser extent in the "Triangle" and "Cables For Less" brands that I recommended. I got those links from recommendations here on the HTF!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Here is the thing Jason: digital is just a series of 1s and 0s and unlike analog there is nothing to degrade. The 1s and 0x areeither received or they are not. And when they are not, you can see the result immediately—usuall in the form of a blocky picture or in a blank screen. If the cable you choose works, then an more expensive one won’t result in better audio or video.

Don’t fall for the marketing hype.

If you are already determined to spend more than necessary go right ahead. It is your money. But I suggest that you go back and read the advice that you have been given. No one recommends that you spend as much as you have planned—and it may well make sense to spend even less than some have suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks