What's new

Hd Vs Hdx (1 Viewer)

Kalvin

Auditioning
i am about to purchase a Toshiba widescreen HDTV. my budget allows for either the 57H82 or the 50HDX82. Do you suggest that I go for the bigger (57) screen or for the smaller screen (50) and the image enhancements that come with the "HDX" models?

Thanks

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Honestly, if the choice were mine, I'd take the smaller HDX set over the larger H set.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
I have the H82 and I love it. Although both sets have there share of demons. I'd check out www.keohi.com to learn more.

Having said that, when I bought my H82 from OneCall.com the salesperson on the phone offered me a chance to get the HDX82 for an extra $120. I didn't bite, but it's something to think about.

Cheers.
J.

Alan M

Second Unit
I also own the h82 although I have the 65.Its a great set,and the pq on dvd,s and hd are simply stunning.
I'm of the mind bigger is better,but,either way,you cant go wrong.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Check the Toshiba forum HERE.

You should find some threads there that deal with the Ghost lines that are known to affect all recent Tosh sets (Which I have noticed, but is so slight that I can live with it) and the flicker problem that has been reported on some of the HDX sets.

And thats without even touching on the criticism these sets receive for the 540P upconversion. ;)

That should be enough to get you started.

A good thing to remember is that it would seem that all Brands have there own set of demons, and you only need to decide which set you want to deal with. I doubt there is such thing as the PERFECT RPTV (not in the price range we are talking about here anyway;) )

Cheers.
J.

I have a brand new 1 week old rptv it is the 42" toshiba cinema series hdtv widescreen. Its 42hdx82 i think or something like that. Ive done the manual convergence about 3 times and its still not right. It seems fine and then the next day its totally out of wack. So i adjust again and it looks great. Next day its back to the way it was.
I thought maybe it needs a full convergence. Would that make it not hold a 9 point for longer than a day or is it not holding because of some other reason???
And if it is messed up should i call the techs for free service or should i return for a brand new one which will cost me $50 to do. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks