What's new

HD projector problem (1 Viewer)

TitanTn

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I have an Epson Powerlite 700 LCD HD projector. Tonight it fell about 2 feet from it's stand and obviously now I'm having a problem. The lamp comes on, and then after a few seconds it enters the overheat mode and the fan kicks on. The power light turns a solid red and the temp light is flashing red. The limited user manual says that there is something wrong with the temp sensor. I'm not afraid to crack it open and work on it myself, but I don't know what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Rob

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Repair time ... there will be few repairmen on this forum. Sorry to say.

regards

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The problem with projectors is that the manufacturers have always insisted that they be serviced back at the factory as a "ship-in" product so most traditional servicers never see them.

Generally there is always at least one fan running at all times so I would suspect that it isn't now. About the only thing you could do is disassemble and inspect, looking for unplugged circuit boards, disconnected plugs and jacks, jammed fans, or misplaced covers and shields.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Careful! Be sure to check the warranty information before cracking it open (if it's still under warranty). Often times opening it up voids everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks