What's new

HD Football (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm in a quandary because I think one of my friends will be hosting a Super Bowl party... and I'd also like to watch the Superbowl in HDTV, but my place won't accomodate more than 4-5 people... but most are allergic to cats and I have 2 cats...
Are we twins, Patrick? I have the exact same problem... even down to the 2 cats!

Colin-H

Second Unit
What channels are the games on this weekend? We only get ABC-HD and NBC-HD with Comcast right now. I have the strong desire to see football in HD for some reason. Heh.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
What time is the game on CBS this weekend? And, has it been confirmed that it will be in HD?

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Thanks Todd. I hope your right about it being in HD. Both CBS.com and TitanTV don't list it as in HD.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Thanks guys. This is good news. I'm planning on having some friends over to watch the game. They have never seen football in HD. They should be in for a real treat. All I know is that I've gotten spoiled this year watching college football and last weeks games in HD on CBS. Can't wait for the Super Bowl.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Now if only I had an HD unit that would connect to my Sony W400Q projector. The RCA does VGA only.
We are having a party but unless I can pull off a last minute purchase it looks like the choice will be between 105" DirecTV quality or 52" HD for those attending.
I'm rather proud to be able to offer those 2 options.
BTW, I have been looking into a W400Q compatible HD DirecTV receiver, I just don't have the cash available (plus I'm considering putting a TIVO in that room which would take both the DirecTV lines available in that room).
Sports in HD is an incredible sales pitch for the format. Few can see that without being affected IMO. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Sports in HD is an incredible sales pitch for the format. Few can see that without being affected IMO.
Absolutely. And I can’t wait for ABC/ESPN to fulfill their promise to telecast the Stanley Cup in HD.

Right now the playoffs are making Fox look pretty second class.

RichardK

Second Unit
AFC Championship was awesome today in HiDef...thanks to CBS.
i have an indoor OTA set up right now and i was getting a great picture with a 72 signal...i have my ABC signal at 72 strength waiting for next sunday!!!!

Oh yeah i can not wait!!!! had a party last year and we watched the not so impressive fox widescreen presentation, i expect huge things from this years ABC broadcast.

ps.one day i'll get my set up in the attic or perhaps the roof... no time :-( right now.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
i have my ABC signal at 72 strength waiting for next sunday!!!!
Mine is at 88 but becuase of a unknown problem at KTVX, we are getting the shaft here in Salt Lake. The picture intermittingly drops in then out every 3 secs or so as if the switch is being turned on then off again multiple times. Signal strength remains at 85-90 throughout - amazing frustrating :angry: . I hope they get it figured out before next Sunday.
Michael.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
The AFC Championship was my first HDTV experience with the new Sony and it was awesome !

However, there were frequent pixelizations and occasional audio dropouts. The worst was a 1-2 second total system dropout where the screen just went into random shades of green ! Did anyone else notice them ? Trying to figure out if it's CBS, Comcast or something in my cabling ? HBO HD has some pixlezation, but no audio dropouts.

Thanks

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I can't get CBS-HD with COMCAST in my area...

My first football game in HI-DEF will be the SUPER BOWL on ABC-HD.

Can't wait!

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
one day i'll get my set up in the attic or perhaps the roof
Richard,

Don't wait! I put a rotor and antenna in my attic this past weekend and got my ABC from 51 to 100!

The game last night was just phenomenal. Even better than the SEC games. I only wish the sideline low angle camera was HD. They could have put that SD camera on the NFL today set! Great job regardless.

Can't wait for the 'Bowl!

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Richard,

I'm still using a set-top antenna. Even in my basement I can get a signal of 75+. My roof is over 25' off the ground and I don't feel like climbing on top of a steep, icy surface to install an antenna. Maybe I'll take a peek in the attic in the next day or two!

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I too live in Dallas and expect great things. I loved the CBS HD games. It will be great to hear it in DD5.1. I wonder if we could get the sound guys to add a 25-30Hz thump whenever there is a tackle so we could "feel" the action :)
Remember that if you live in Dallas that WFAA is the only ABC staion in the country to broadcast at 1080i instead of 720p. This is because they are an independant station under Belo.
Laters,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks