What's new

HD-DVDs, DVDs. Some new, some like new. (1 Viewer)

TomBishop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Added:

Leaving Las Vegas (French HD-DVD release) $29
Underworld (Extended Cut, German HD-DVD release) $29

TomBishop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Added to the OP:

Dead Like Me Season 2 $25 (sealed)

Blu-Ray
Closer $15
Hellboy $15
Hostel: Unrated $15

V for Vendetta HD-DVD $13

I also dropped the price on two import HD-DVDs:
Leaving Las Vegas (French HD-DVD release) $23
Underworld (Extended Cut, German HD-DVD release) $23

TomBishop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Updated OP with Blu-Rays for sale:

Closer $15
Day After Tomorrow $20
Hellboy $15
Hostel: Unrated $15
Deja Vu $18
The Prestige (sealed) $20
Layer Cake (sealed) $20
Waiting... $18

TomBishop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Bump, all titles listed still for sale..

..to anyone but 'davidtemple'. We've exchanged a dozen or so PMs since 2/20, he originally wanted Closer and Hellboy. I told him both were available and gave him my PayPal email address, and he told me he'd send payment on 2/21 due to not being home to access his PayPal account. 2/22, he sent a PM telling me someone tried to hack his PayPal account, but promised to send payment ASAP. He also asked if I had more BluRays for sale that weren't listed, I offered a few more titles. No reply. Fast forward to 3/6, he sent a PM saying this:

I goofed I sent the $$ for Hellboy to you but misspelled the paypal info.
Lucky me I got the $$ back.
still have Hellboy $15? Anything else you might want to get rid of??

Notice that Closer was gone from the payment he 'sent' without so much as a word that he didn't want that title and just Hellboy. In those 2 weeks, I never received a PM telling me payment was sent, or a request for me to confirm anything had shipped. Still, I'd like to sell them, so I (again) sent him an updated list and asked him if he still wanted Closer. His reply:

Yes I sent payment the next day to the wrong paypal id, I have gotten Closer Since then Just curious if you had any other blu's for sale besides Closer? I know I want Hellboy.

I sent him the updated list again, and he replied:

Closer-hellboy -$30 shipped, If I pay you tonight canyou ship maybe tomorrow/Saturday?

So he sent a payment to the wrong account for Closer/Hellboy or just Hellboy, got his money back somehow from the wrong account (and somehow very quickly got back into a hacked PayPal account, which anyone who's had a problem with PayPal knows is like a miracle), purchased Closer from someone else, then wanted another copy of Closer along with Hellboy. I told him I could ship Friday/Saturday, and as of right now I have received no reply. His account has shown activity the last few days, so maybe his account was hacked again/sent payment to the wrong account again/etc., but this all seems very fishy to me. His previous posts indicate he's an Attorney (he capitalized it), and he vouched for a banned member shipping discs last November. A search of the feedback thread reveals none left for him or by him.

While we never actually traded, all these things add up to a big red flag for me. He's not a new member so I shrugged it off as someone either being busy (or just a flake). I know some might not think posting this is the right thing to do, but I'm ok with people rolling their eyes if there is something off here.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
For what it's worth, there's a guy named davidtemple selling a "viewed once" copy of "Closer" on AVS forum for $16.50. (ad posted 3/6) And he IS accepting PayPal. He does have 12 positive feedback there and no negs, although that site doesn't show any comments for feedback.

TomBishop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
If it's the same guy, that's even more odd. I can't think of any reason to buy a disc you already own if you're trying to sell it. Either way, I just wanted to post the situation here thinking it might help someone.

ETA: Here's an interesting wrinkle. Your mention of that name on another forum led me to search google, and there's also a davidtemple on DVD Talk. The banned seller he vouched for was last November, and this thread on DVD Talk from last October shows someone never got their disc from him and he stopped replying to their private messages. Post #17 in that thread has that davidtemple saying their feedback system is "gay". I wonder if that post will be edited..

Again, these could be completely different people who signed up on different sites to sell DVDs as 'davidtemple', all I know is what my experience here has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks