What's new

HD DVD Outpacing All Next-Gen Formats in Sales Growth (1 Viewer)

Terrence B

Agent

They have a smack down section at Hidefdigest. Its a joke, a really bad joke at that. It won't work here, you guys are to controlled! LOL

troy evans

Screenwriter
Tim, You're one of the nicest guys Here,Man.I think alot of people Here did like the news You submitted.For Me it was a nice shot in the arm and We all need a booster every once in awhile. Also, You are very fair and I've never seen You engage in back and forths on These formats.It's one of the reasons You're so well regarded around Here.At least I think so.Myself on the other hand, excitement get's the best of Me and My posts show it.Thanks for the Good News and report all You find.Most Here will care.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

We of course need at least some kind of sale numbers and such - but from the independent parties (like "Nielsen VideoScan"). This goes for both camps.

If e.g. this HD DVD news bit is from the "Nielsen VideoScan" etc, then it´s fine by me. Hell, it´s fine by me now, it´s just that I don´t really pay attention to the sales numbers if they´re coming from the HD DVD or Blu-ray camp. Both want to spread their gospel, and it´s understandable. In the end, people see what they want to see and seek that support from anywhere they can. Again, goes for both camps.

In the end, these hardware-sale figures are very tricky. You have stand-alone players (info easier to put together), but then you have PS3 (internal Blu-ray player) and Xbox 360 (add-on). Very difficult to compare e.g. PS3 vs Xbox 360 figures when it comes to them as a *HD-players* only. So in that sense I understand that these are only for the stand-alone players. I also fully understand why HD DVD is leading at this point.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Well I would agree with you about any spin the HD DVD group might put on the numbers. But the number are the numbers. They aren't making them up are they?

Doug

Austan

Second Unit
Real Name
austan nguyen

numbers or statistics??? The only numbers that were usable were 180,000 stand alone HD DVD players... even ratios are better than stats...

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thank you Troy.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
....You are now officially hired as my new PR guy. :)

Thanks for the kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks