What's new

HD-DVD International DVD List - (1 Viewer)

Paul NYC

Auditioning
Real Name
paul
Regarding UNDERWORLD 2 (spain), Did anyone confirm that the subtitles are not burned in?

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Winston
Looking for Underworld Evo myself, but looks like most places are currently out of stock. ;-(

Win

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Tim,

Do you have a release date for the T2 HD-DVD? I have to get that title, no matter how much it costs. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
apparently the 2nd disc was a late spec addition. It was reported on the HD DVD blog just a few weeks back, when they got the new release date (these were initially scheduled for late March)
I would not be surprised if it turned out to be just one disc after all, but all the 'official' word is saying that is not the case so...

I'll probably end up pre-ordering this next week, but God I am so sick of buying this movie. For some reason, I've dipped more on this than any other title. I like it, but it's not something I feel an urge to watch often at all.
That said though, the clips on the S-C promos at the start of their first wave titles looked excellant, so this should fully and unconditionally rock.
If it's indeed both versions, then this should be the last copy of it any of us ever need (I hope)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Actually my most dipped title is Stargate.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Not sure why I've purchased every dvd version (and laserdisc) known to mankind. :D

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
looks like there is a theatrical cut on one disc and the DC on the other.
Bad news is it appears that the French subs are forced on the theatrical cut (but not on the DC). PQ is said to be slightly sharper on the HD DVD in a direct comparison with the BD.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I guess the forced Subs isn't that big a deal since I hands down prefer the DC but the PQ is only slightly sharper? :frowning: That's not encouraging as the BD PQ is quite dull and flat. I think I'll er on the side of caution and take a pass.

Unfortunate as this was going to be my first HD import but I've seen this film so many times over the years that the next time I'll be in the mood to watch it again Lionsgate will probably have an Ultimate Edition out.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
a follow up on the May S-C releases-

a couple people have gotten these and posted on AVS. Subtitles are forced on a few of them (Serpico, T2 theatrical version, Three Days Of the Condor among others)
BUT
you can adjust the size and location of the subs via the remote. In the case of 2.35 AR films like Terminator, this means you can move the subs fully out of the image area and into the black letterbox bars. Something like Serpico which is closer to 1.78/85 the subs will remain in the image area.

no conclusive word on the pitch problem (if there is one)

troy evans

Screenwriter
WOW! This is great! It looks like Sony has no problem releasing there exclusive BRs in other countries on HD-Dvd.Does this Mean Anything for our releases in North America? Regardless, it's nice to know I can get some of the titles I was bummed over.Brotherhood of the Wolf,T2,Underworld:Evolution,etc.I know other countries don't dictate what happens Here,but,it seems other countries are dicisevly HD-DVD.Very Interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.Thanks for the shot in the arm.

M

Member 323668

Today received from amazon.fr:

Terminator 2, Judgement Day
Mulholland Drive
Le Pacte des loups
Leaving Las Vegas
Serpico
The Graduate
L'Armée des ombres
Three Days of the Condor

Spot checked: Near perfect pq on all presentations. No grain sterilization! No heavy filtering!

Forced subtitles only on the "Paramounts": Three Days of the Condor" and "Serpico".

Terminator 2 extended cut without forced subtitles confirmed.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sent May, 21?

Then I expect mine to arrive tomorrow.
Thanks for the good news asbout T2!

Cees

Winman42

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Winston
Thanks for the heads up. Anyone know if Brotherhood Of The Wolf is now available via Amazon.uk?

Win

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks