What's new

HD DVD $5.99 sale (Universal) + shipping ($4.95 for first, @$2 for others) 5/24/08 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The free shipping promotion got me off the fence for 17 more titles today, so I picked up a mixture of $5.99-$11.99 titles, for an average around $7.47 each, which was fine by me. I sure hope I'm done ordering unless the Warner HD DVD titles show up...

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I've tried to find where to put the free shipping code...anyone able to advise? Thanks...

Joel

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
On my order I had to get to the second to last checkout phase to see that it did take off for free shipping. I think there is a small wide button (near top left side of the page) you can click after you have entered your payment info to also put in a code for free shipping, but it did mine automatically.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
Oooh, that'd be great if they got some Warner discs in!

In the meantime, I've got 8 discs on the way... in retrospect, I'm glad I procrastinated ordering (I think I saved more in shipping than I lost in price increases). :)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I got an unusual surprise. They've refunded the shipping costs (which were considerable (over $20)... :)

Joel

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what titles are bilingual vs. those that aren't?

And, yes, some of us are into the packaging side of things in this hobby, as we moved our OCD from paper-based collectibles (e.g. comics, etc.) to movies. We're a terribly screwy lot. :laugh:

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
There is no rhyme or reason I can discern (among the 20 or so titles I've received). Frankly, I don't even notice it anymore (I have English only covers, bilingual covers and French only covers all mixed in). I have a whack of comics as well, but I never really "collected" them--I read them. They're stacked in various places around the house (many under the main floor bathroom's sink--horrors--for when I need something to read while otherwise "occupied").

I guess I can see the issue for collectors, but I'm too used to hearing complaints about bilingual packages as an "acceptable" way to complain about minority rights (I won't get any more political than that, don't worry) to be very sympathetic about complaints of that nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks