What's new

HD-A30 frozen (1 Viewer)

Cloud

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
Well, I finally got all my cables and connectors shipped here yesterday so i finally set up everything. Plugged in the HD-A30 and found that there was a new firmware update since the last time I had it plugged into the internet. I went to download it and it froze on step 4 of 4. Now it will turn on but it just sits at the welcome screen forever. Can't open the disc tray, can't get to any screens, and it won't even output anything (only tried the hdmi output though). Any help here? Toshiba's 800 number has business hours that aren't today!

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
I believe it´s just a download that has frozen, so just reboot the player and try again? Or perhaps you already tried that..

1) Player is downloading the firmware
2) Then installing it.

Cloud

Agent
Real Name
Jeff

I hit download and got busy doing other things. Came back like an hour later and it was still sitting at 4 of 4 and had completely frozen. I turned it off then back on and it won't go past the welcome screen. Same with unplugging it/replugging it back in. This happened to me once before and I can't for the life of me remember what I did to fix it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
2 possible solutions I can think of.

Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds and this hopefully will reset the player. If it doesn't, then leave it unplugged for 30 minutes or even overnight then plug it back in.

The only other think would be to contact Toshiba Support and see if they have another option.

Cloud

Agent
Real Name
Jeff

I've already pulled it out of the rack and have had it setting aside unplugged for a couple hours now. I'll try the holding the power button longer route and see if that helps. I plan to call toshiba tomorrow if I can't get it fixed, but they are closed on weekends!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks