HBO The Newsroom Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Thanks for that. I fully expected to ho-hum my way through it, but no go. Good delivery, and on point.

2. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Well this put us on the other side of the story, but I don't know how to think about the elements. I didn't find it very plausible that Charlie's source woudl behave that way and that Charlie would just take it.

3. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    The show was plausible enough (y'know, for TV) that it held my interest throughout. Still, what was this - episode 7 of 10? And they're just now filling in blanks from episode 1? I don't even remember all the blanks that needed filling. Still unclear about the timeframe in which Maggie cut her hair. And just now they tell us what the lawsuit is about? I like the show - I don't love it - and last night was as good an installment as we've seen. Reminded me of the underrated Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, which closed out the second half of its season with a multiple-episode arc with lots of details, too many to keep track of. No matter, you can't deny the writing is top notch.

4. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

I think Charlie was in shock both over the realization of his friend(?)'s loss, and the betrayal and was just trying to process what was happening. His source had stewed over this all a long, long time so he was way ahead of Charlie.

I am really enjoying the second half of the season, but now that they are off the Romney campaign I'm in Constance Zimmer withdrawal.

- Walter.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I could be wrong but looking at HBO's schedule, there's only 9 episodes this year. There's no new episode on Sunday due to the holiday.

I heard that.

6. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

Loved the final scene with Jane Fonda and the crew.

7. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    "What is that a sign of..?"
    "Nothing."
    "Ok, moving on.."

There were some shockingly funny moments tonight, a good break from the season. Snappy dialogue.

8. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Very entertaining episode this evening leading up to the season finale. For me, the interaction between Will and McKenzie has been one of the very best things about the show all season long and tonight's episode was no exception; particularly the examination of the past relationship.

- Walter.

9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I enjoyed the finale. They sure played it as though it was the last one, although I just read that Daniels says there will be a season 3. The cast sure is a lot better when they don't have to play that slapstick and the goofy romantic subplots. This episode had a number of payoffs that we've been waiting for since Episode 1.

How is it that Jeff Daniels didn't have more to do this season? He's great when they give him the material.

10. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

It appears to me that the show will be re-kindling Maggie & Jim unless I mis-interpreted that final scene. Perhaps it will be merely platonic. (??)

I certainly enjoyed the season and really, really love the dialog and pace of the show.

- Walter.