What's new

Hawaii Five-O: Season 5 11/18/08 (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

I don't think they started running the episode promos at the beginning of the shows until season 9 (these were also shown in syndication starting then). They did run the promos as 'next week's scenes' prior to the end credits most weeks.
The episodes were still slightly longer than 50 minutes (R1) in season 5 if I recall. By season 9 or 10, they were coming in around 49:30. In season 1 they were around 51:00.

And yes, in season 5 the 'cold opens' were moved to immediately after the main title sequence. They would run several minutes, then the episode's title and credits would appear as the story continued. I think by season 6 or 7, most episodes had their credits immediately following the main title sequence.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
what cracks me up is whenever Jack Lord loses the blue suit to "go native," he looks like he's wearing Bea Arthur's wardrobe. When he's in trouble on V for Vaschon, he really looks like he's auditioning for Golden Girls.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Yeah well it was the early 70's the only worse fashion era was the disco era late 70's to mid 80's when wear garbage bags oop 100% non breathing polyster fabric was popular LOL. Yes those "native clothes" are scarey flash backs to a scarey fashion era LOL;) :P ;) :laugh:

Mister-Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Quigley
I have obtained a copy of the Season Five box set, and the first show I watched was Chain of Events, which was previously not remastered. It >has< been remastered to the same high quality as other episodes in the DVD sets so far ... there are several instances of outstanding use of color in this show which the remastering highlights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.