Hawaii Five-0 (the revival series): Season Four

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nelson Au, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I didn't see a thread on the fourth season, so I hope I didn't miss it. I suspect that enthusiasm for this series is waning.

I was curious to see how they resolved the cliffhanger from the end of S3. I missed it, so it's nice to be able to see it on the CBS app.

I thought the Season 4 premiere was as outlandish as last year's, except this time there wasn't any CGI, just good old fashioned real live stunts. Plenty of good solid action and a decent plot, if outlandish. Looks like we might find out what the deal is with Wo Fat.

I guess Danny gets a new Camaro.

With the show on Friday's now, it must be on the fringe of the network's interest. If the network is footing the bill to make more episodes for a syndication deal, that's good for the show and Hawaii. As much as I hate reboots, as most of the time they go way out of their way to separate it from the originals for the worst, this show has some charms. So it will be interesting if the show does well this season. Having it away from Castle should help, but Friday's is tough. Which is why the ability to stream is great, which I'm sure they count as a viewing for ratings.

2. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    "I guess Danny gets a new Camaro."

Nelson,True enough, but I wonder if he will ever get to drive it. ;)

3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Yes, the premiere was indeed outlandish, and the second episode only a little less so. It's a fast-paced hour of action with some characters who now feel comfortable to be around.

The show is doing as well as anything else CBS has put in the 9 p.m. Friday hour, and since the show is only now in its fourth year, it isn't as expensive as CSI:NY was to produce. I suspect it'll go another year after this one to get enough episodes (over 100) for syndication deals.

4. Nelson Au

True enough Scott! McGarrett will be abusing the next car. Unless he's actually driving the Mercury now that was his fathers. (or the one Jack Lord had)I'll be watching the second episode via the web as I missed it too Matt. Good to hear it was an enjoyable hour of action.

5. Mark_B

Mark_B Second Unit

Mark
    I enjoy the show as a DVR staple. I have since it started. Everytime Wo Fat comes up I always think of Alton Brown and the Food Network. The one line from last seasons finale and repeated in this seasons premier was during the prison attack scene when McGarrett asks Wo Fat " who are these people and why are they after you" All I could think of was that it was Alton and the Food Network. Kind of bad for an actor to be typecast like that, but evreytime I see him, that's all I can think of. I didn't even realize he was an an actor before I saw him here. I always thought he was some obscure chef or food critic from Japan.

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I think its a good companion to Blue Bloods whose audience skews slightly older

7. Nelson Au

Looks like Danno did get a new Camaro and McGarrett did take it for its maiden drive!I was curious about the actor playing Wo Fat from your post Mark. I did see him on Dancing With The Stars a few seasons ago and in looking at the wiki entry, an actor on other projects outside the Iron Chief thing. Which I've never seen, so I didn't realize what he did there. I thought maybe he was a celebrity chef who also knows martial arts.

8. HDvision

HDvision Screenwriter

David
    What you're talking Mark Dacascos? I know him thought I haven't seen him a long time. Best films are Crying Freeman and Brotherhood of the Wolf.

9. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Wow! I have to say I was very surprised with the death on tonight's episode! I was sure this potential triangle relationship was going to be dragged out for the entire season with even a possible break-up in the scenario.

Good going, writers, for going off in a totally new direction.

10. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    I too was very surprised by that -- didn't see it coming at all. I thought the episode was quite good.

11. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

I'm rather pleased that they ended the love triangle before it really got started.Good all around episode.

12. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Agreed.