What's new

Having problem burning CD's using new Windows Media Player (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I like to make my own CD's but ever since getting a new computer with XP I can't use my old CD burning software (XP is fun that way), I can't afford to buy new CD burning software & the only software to make CD's on the computer is the new Windows Media Player and it has a feature that I hate. It inserts two second gaps between every track & I can't figure out how to (or even if I can) disable it, this is a pain in the ass because some songs tend to flow into each other or whole intros to some songs are separately tracked so forcing a two second gap between them ruins the whole flow of a song or album.
Until I can afford to buy new burning software does anyone know if you can (as with most other burners) disable this annoying feature of the new Media Player?
Thank you for any help.
------------------
-Kevin M.
I can brave the nastiest weather, even when it's eighty below.
My Pa was an Elephant, but that's irrelevant,
My Ma was an Eskimo."
- Cannibal the Musical.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Are you using NERO?
If so, right-click the file(s) you want to delete the 2 second gap from, click PROPERTIES, then change the gap time to 0... 2 is the default for Nero.. maybe the installation resetted it
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29, 1985 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Does the burning software have a "Disc At Once" option? Try that if it's available.
KJP

Eric Goldstein

Auditioning
use the nero demo. when teh time runs out, you can uninstall it and reinstall the newer version. works everytime. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks