Have Gun Will Travel

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dave Scarpa, Aug 2, 2005.

1. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

What frustrates me most is their inconsistent appearance and I find myself viewing those that I know are on a par with the better Paramount B&W releases. S3 looks the worst of all, but several in S1, like "The Yuma Treasure" which I put on a couple weeks back, looks fine indeed.

2. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    I wonder if CBS/P are going to rotate releases - "rest" Gunsmoke and Rawhide to go back to Have Gun,Will Travel and perhaps start up Bonanaza, then after several of those series releases,go back to Gunsmoke and Rawhide,and so on.

3. Jack P

Jack P Producer

That seems to be the pattern of never doing more than two westerns at once. I would hate to see "Gunsmoke" go into hiberation at this point but at least a newcomer like me to the show overall has the earlier sets to act as a sampler for the years that followed (even if those episodes aren't remastered).

4. TheGreatOz

TheGreatOz Second Unit

With 20 seasons of GUNSMOKE in all and "resting" in release, some of us will be laid to rest before the entire series makes it to DVD. [​IMG]

LOL! With the outlook for the economy in shambles, maybe each of the studios should just release everything they own by the end of 2010 before we all go to he!! in a hand basket. [​IMG]

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Some of Season 3 looked good the rest not so much, I thought season1 and 2 looked overall ok, I think Columbia House had released the first two years remastered and this is where the CBS ones came from. I would not be happy about splitting Season 4, but Yes I would buy it. I'd rather pay $60 for a season of HGWT than for most other shows out there...

6. BobSchneider

BobSchneider Second Unit

For me the video quality drop off severely half way though s2 night scenes become almost unwatchable and it gets worse in what Ive watch of s3. Its a god d$m shame because HGWT is one of best written tv series easily in top 15 of tv series history. Hopefully if CBS starts again with s4 release they revist s1 , s2 and s3 with the new digital captures in the syndication catalog because a show of this qaulity it a shame to leave as it is now on dvd release. And this is one of few shows I would double dip if they re did s1, s2, and s3.[​IMG]

7. Guest

Have Gun Will Travel may not be coming out on DVD soon, BUT I have Great NEWS.
    I just finished watching season number 6 on netflix.

I signed up for a netlfic account, and bought a ROKU box for $100 to hook to my TV.

Then I had 17,000 shows and Movies I could watch instantly via WIFI.

I watched all 6 seasons and it was fantastic.

My favorrite episode was season six episode 1. Where you get a glimpse of how Paladin got his name and became who he is.

Best of all, it was only $8.99 per month. I watched them all in One month. ADDICT as I am.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Have_Gun_Will_Travel_Season_5/70130419?strackid=2e6a9dbaf5c9da33_0_srl&strkid=65471463_0_0&trkid=438381

Above is link to season 5 31 episodes.

ALSO, if you have a Nintendo WII, netflix just came out with a disc that lets you use your WII to watch the shows on your TV without using your computer and without buying the ROKU Box.