Have Gun Will Travel - Second Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brent Avery, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

I did not see any mention of this so hopefully I am not repeating information. It appears to be coming up for release on Feb.22. I also saw Green Acres-The Complete Second Season due on March 8.

2. Mike Levine

Mike Levine Agent

Mike Levine
    I received this e-mail from TVshowsonDVD.com:

Looks like Paladin got lost on the trail...Season 2 delayed - 3:50 AM 1/12/2005 "Have Gun Will Travel - The Complete 2nd Season" is delayed. Read the story about this in the news section of TVShowsOnDVD.
    URL: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2719

3. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    If the Deep Discount DVD website is to be believed, the new date for season 2 is April 26th. That's quite a lengthy delay, IMHO, but it's not uncommon for Paramount. Lately they've seemed to be bad about pushing release dates backwards (I Love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, and TAGS to name only a few).

Gary "and the delays always seem to be with the older shows that I'm really looking forward to - grrrrr..." O.

4. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

Pushing dates isn't uncommon for any studio, whether for TV or movie product. It is actually rare for Paramount to delay a title after the official announcement. The case of HGWT is one of those cases. Most of the time, the dates that are pushed back were never "official" in the first place.

It should be noted that dates are pushed in both directions, too. Sky Captain was pushed earlier in the schedule, and will be out next week.

-Scott

5. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Scott,

I'm fully aware that pushing dates up or back is not uncommon. And it's certainly probable that in the big scheme of things Paramount doesn't do this often. I was simply making the observation, on a purely personal preference level, that some of Paramount's recent TV show releases that I have looked forward to were delayed (some after officially announced release dates and some after unofficial release schedules).

Gary "in spite of your example, Sky Captain (which I have zero interest in), many of the Paramount tv shows I have looked forward to have seen delays of one degree or another in the last year" O.

6. Bert Greene

Bert Greene Second Unit

The delay is disappointing, as the HGWT S2 set was next on my agenda. I have most of the episodes from off-air recordings, but it's still been great revisiting the show in such a pristine format. Almost like seeing them again for the first time. The 2nd season has some really great episodes, by the way.

7. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

I just hope this is not a throwback to the legal problems that this show has had over the years. For many years the last 2 seasons and part of the 4th were out of syndication because of this.

8. HowardPaul

HowardPaul Stunt Coordinator

Ive already purchased and received the first 3 seasons from Columbia House on DVD. Only minor drazwback is they do not come as boxed sets.
    Howard