What's new

Have an advance copy of Moonlighting DVD Seasons 1&2 (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Check out this thread at Bruce's site:

http://www.brucewillis.com/fans/ubb/...2;t=001229;p=3

In particular, see Cindy's post near the bottome of page 3 of the thread...her reply to Doc. I don't have my own set in-hand yet, so I can't personally vouch for the completeness, but Cindy's word is gold on anything concerning Moonlighting. (Cindy works with Diane -- the originator of that thread -- at one of the major Monnlighting sites, and she and Diane -- both well-placed in Moonlighting/Bruce circles -- are both reportedly credited on the DVDs.)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Linda,

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading. If Cindy has the correct info about the eps being uncut, then I'll be getting this set for sure :D

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Jeff...like i said, I can't PERSONALLY vouch for it yet, but I have absolutely no reason to doubt Cindy's word.

Brent_B

Agent
I'm sorry I am so hung up on this, but if what Cindy says is true and ALL the original music is intact, then there are two different scores for "The Lady In The Iron Mask". Why would they change the score for the dvd release and replace the William Tell Overture at the end? Christian Preischl says they also did it for the R2 release of this episode a year or two ago.
If whats in the dvd is original, why would they change it for syndication when they showed it on Bravo? I just dont think that is the case. This is one of my favorite episodes of Moonlighting (as you could probably tell) and now it doesnt even resemble itself.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
I don't want to call anybody a liar, but the people who are running websites about Moonlighting might be more interested in making people buy this set to ensure the release of the other seasons than in telling the truth.

Sadly there are many people who think that it is better to have some kind of release (no matter how messed up it is) than to have no release at all.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Brent_B,

That's what I'm starting to suspect. Caron was very vocal about not doing any music changes, and I just can't see any reason why they should exchange one score piece for another due to financial reasons.

Unless of course they used the master from the UK version because it was already available and in good shape, and nobody involved noticed the changes. (The UK disc is PAL though)

Hmmm...

Chris

DianaM

Agent
Hi everyone,

I thought I would jump in again as I started this thread on having an advance copy of the dvd. I must admit I have not had the chance to view much of the episodes because I have been incredibly busy posting the new issue of our fanzine, which went up yesterday.

While my interest is in promoting Moonlighting, I am NOT interested in mis-leading fans. I have spoken to two of my staff members and they have also confirmed to me that the music was replaced in the episode "The Lady in the Iron Mask."

When it comes to purchasing this set, I say it is up to the consumer. Purists may not want to buy it and others will.

Diana Maiocco
Media Director, Moonlighting Strangers Fanzine
www.moonlighting21.com

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Diana,

Thanks for your candor (last post). Speaking only for myself, if the eps are uncut (video content same as originally aired), that's the important issue for me. It's a sure buy if that's the case.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
With the set out now, I'd appreciate feedback on whether the show has Close Captions or English subtitles.

DianaM

Agent
Thanks Jeff.

And by the way Linda, I am tied in pretty well with the Moonlighting cast and crew. ;)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

I haven't had a chance to read the latest issue of the fanzine yet, so if the correct info is divulged there, I haven't seen it.

Sorry if anyone was mis-lead by the apparently incorrect info to which I pointed.

DianaM

Agent
Hi Linda,

No offense taken.

But just to re-iterate, I didn't have a chance to go through the set when I received them because I was just too busy getting the new issue ready. Therefore, there is no reference in the fanzine about the music. We just found this out as people started to post about it in the various DVD forums.

Diana
www.moonlighting21.com

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

Wow!

That makes *no* sense when it comes to classical music like the aforementioned William Tell Overture. I thought the main reason for altering music in TV eps was due to having to pay additional rights fees for the music. How would that apply in the case of the William Tell Overture??

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Watched three episodes last night: "My Fair David," "The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice," and "Funeral For A Door Nail." Picture and sound were very good, and all three seemed complete. I used to videotape the episodes during the show's original broadcast run, and I recall many of them running short.

Even if some episodes are cut, however, I won't hesitate to get the remaining seasons. It's not as if there's another way to get the show....

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

If that attitude had been around in the early days of DVD we would be watching all our movies in fullscreen and with mono sound.

:frowning:

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Vince. If the episodes are uncut, there's a 100% chance I'll buy. Otherwise, I definitely won't buy and instead will spend my hard-earned money elsewhere!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

I missed it. I only saw that someone said Amazon.com listed it as Captioned, which threw me off because DVD Empire listed it as not captioned. Now DVD Empire has updated its web page to reflect CC's. Anyway, please accept my apologies for the duplicate question, but thanks for the confirmation. I've really wanted this set and can now buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks