What's new

Has there been any news on a 7th season DVD release of the Jeffersons? (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDFanatic

Auditioning
Real Name
Solomon
The 6th season was released 4 years ago and was wondering if anyone heard any news on plans to complete the rest of the series. It would be crazy to come this far and still have 4 seasons left to be released.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I believe there were 11 seasons of the Jeffersons, so that leaves 5 seasons to put out. And no there is no news at this time. Since Shout! Factory completed All in the Family, perhaps they will look at the Jeffersons.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
cajunhillbilly said:
I believe there were 11 seasons of the Jeffersons, so that leaves 5 seasons to put out. And no there is no news at this time. Since Shout! Factory completed All in the Family, perhaps they will look at the Jeffersons.
They should do two boxed sets: one for seasons 1-6 and another for seasons 7-11. That would split the series roughly down the middle (135 eps and 117 respectively). That way newcomers can buy both sets and people who own the existing Sony releases can just buy the second set. I push for this because to release the remaining 5 seasons individually would take another 200 years in this economy. I would suggest a huge "complete" collection like Barney Miller, but it might be too huge. Barney already had 3 seasons out and somehow Shout! released the remaining 5 seasons along with those all in one go. But Barney had only 170 eps while Jeffersons had a whopping 250+. It would probably be too expensive to have all at once. The existing 6 releases are about 99% good (there's a few minor complaints). In my dream world, they would get Sherman Helmsley and Marla Gibbs to do commentary on a few episodes. I wish they'd asked the cast to do commentary and extras way, way back in 2002 when Season 1 was released, because this was before the majority of the main cast started dying off, sadly. Only Roxie Roker had passed by 2002; Isabel Sanford, Paul Benedict and Franklin Cover have since joined her in that dee-luxe apartment in the sky :( I think my idea of two big sets would make a lot of people happy. I wonder if this will ever happen? Anybody over at Shout! interested? Because we certainly are :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
A big box set would be a good way to redo the existing seasons with the uncut versions of the couple of cut episodes (seasons 4 and 5 had one each) and fix the weird frame rate errors on season 6.

Although considering that Universal is doing all 20 years of Law and Order for more than most people make in a week, a 11 season set is nothing. Also keep in mind that Fox released a complete M*A*S*H box set.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by TVonDVDFanatic

I didn't like the editing in the season 4 DVD

Was this the 90 minute clip show? I remember that was edited, too, although there was a disagreement about what was missing. Strangely, the edited episodes even omitted the "A T.A.T. Communications Company Production" credit.

TVonDVDFanatic

Auditioning
Real Name
Solomon
MatthewA said:
Was this the 90 minute clip show? I remember that was edited, too, although there was a disagreement about what was missing. Strangely, the edited episodes even omitted the "A T.A.T. Communications Company Production" credit.
Yup, the Louise and George in a Bind Episode.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Also keep in mind that Fox released a complete M*A*S*H box set.

Sony released a complete series set of Married... with Children, it had 11 seasons as well so a Jeffersons complete series is possible but doubtful- at least anytime soon. I was not aware that this show lasted so long, even though it is one of the shows I enjoyed watching when I was growing up. I have never been a fan of shows that keep going and going, eventually the quality will decline not to mention the fact that the writers probably start running out of ideas after a while. IMO 6 or 7 seasons is about as long as I would like to see a show last, anything more than that is a tad on the long side.

princezzanjeliq

Auditioning
Real Name
angelique
I think they should hurry up and get the last 4/5 seasons out on dvd asap. They should use the last of the cast to do a commentary. Let us know who it was to be young,black american doing using comedy as an art to live in our prejudice society. When/who is in charge of getting out movie/dvd together for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks