What's new

Has detailed critiquing of Blu-Rays gone overboard. (1 Viewer)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
What many people are forgetting is that this is a hobby.

People get some kind of fun out of it and that is why they are on the forum. As people usually do not tend to speak that much about things they are happy with they rather talk about things they'd like to change.

So there will mostly be more critiquing than praise on forums like these as titles get pointed out that do not meet videophile standards or what people perceive as such.

I think it is a good rule to spend more time watching movies than posting here, but then I am not so sure that too many of our members fall into that category, myself included :laugh:

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
You can ignore forums and be happy watching your discs. Unless they have issues you can't ignore. What really sucks the fun out is disks of films you love that are awful and there is no alternative disk in sight, nor even a hint from the studio that they are aware that this was a misfire and that they might be doing something about it later on.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: That's a practice made even easier for people like me with lower-end gear who don't (read: can't) notice all the criticisms leveled here.

Although I must admit they have me concerned if I am ever to be able to upgrade my gear... :D

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the critiquing has necessarily gone overboard, it's just the way it's done.

For instance, there's this subset of folks that start to complain or go "uh oh!" as soon as they see the word "remastered", despite the fact that the titles where this was bad news is a tiny minority. And then there's the posters that feel that nothing short of pitchforks and torches is the way to express displeasure. Both of these tend to resort to the hyperbole that we're trying to avoid here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks