What's new

Has anyone tried a wireless HD transmitter? (1 Viewer)

Dantigua

Agent
Real Name
dan walker
Hi Guys,

I have been researching wireless HD transmitters and receivers as opposed to buying a 60foot HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my Pioneer receiver.

Has anyone got any experience with using these wireless devices?

I have been looking at the Imation Link.

Interested to know what you think.

(Posted this on another forum here but must have been in the wrong place).

Thanks.

Dantigua

Agent
Real Name
dan walker
Thanks Adam, I did see the review and thought that it was a bit pricey for what I needed. I get the impression that the Flow is a multimedia wireless device whereas I only need to stream content from my laptop.

I didn't notice anything in the review or product specs about the audio capabilities. I am hoping that for $400 you get full 7.1 audio, DTS etc.

Don't think I'll pursue that product but thanks for the reply.

Dantigua

Agent
Real Name
dan walker
Decided to go with the Veebeam as its streams video in 1080p, the iMation only streams in 720

poorcavs

Auditioning
Real Name
bob smith
Dan, can you give us any update on the performance of the Veebeam solution? I was checking reviews on Amazon and noticed several complaints about lag.

The CNET review (at http://reviews.cnet.com/audio-video-distribution/veebeam-hd/4505-14101_7-34176645.html) also points out it can't send DVD or Blu-Ray across the link. I'd mainly use it to stream video from the internet so maybe that's okay.

My laptop has an HDMI output, so I was thinking of Best Buy's Rocketfish WirelessHD adapter (http://tinyurl.com/3tkgaf5). It also does 1080p without the lag. There are a few that are pretty cheap on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks