What's new

has anyone professionally reviewed the Sony SA-WM40? (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm no pro, but what is it that you would like to know Todd? Are you thinking about upgrading a sub that comes with a HTiB or something like that?

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
well - i have the Sony and I'm wondering what the specs would be using the standard db meter references, etc...

i'm upgrading to the Outlaw LFM-1 (as soon as it gets here)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
From what I have been reading, the LFM-1 is going to be a >Major< upgrade over the Sony, in that you can be confident. I'm still not sure what your asking though? Maybe your looking for a general description of the two and how they will differ?

Congrats on your first real sub. Hope I don't offend any WM-40 users out there:) I used to have one myself:b

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Probably not a whole lot of "pro" reviews for a ~$200 (~$99 street) sub. I've installed one before. Out of the box, it sounded a bit boomy and not so spectacular, but not bad for the price paid for sure. I'm sure the LFM-1 will be a big improvement.

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
well, i agree with you guys - the Sony was awesome at the $128 that i got it for :) it served it's purpose, and i JUMPED on the $399 deal for the LFM-1 (b-stock)

i was curious to see what type of measurements the WM40 can get...

similar to the reviews that Ed does http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=190398

i mean, can the WM40 even hit reference levels?

my buddy just got his B-stock LFM-1, and it scared the crap out of him - so I'm TOTALLY excited to get this sub this week :D

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
well, i finally got my LFM-1 hooked up and ROFL - I put in AOTC during the opening scene - and i "literally" shook a candle off the countertop on the 2nd floor of my house, scared the **** out of my g/f taking a shower

best $399 i ever spent :D

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
There isn't much financial risk to the end user with a street price of ~ $150, so I doubt you will be seeing many formal reviews of the WM40. The LFM-1 will kill it though, so you certainly made the better choice.

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator

very true... my Sony served me well on my first setup, now the LFM-1 will carry me a bit further :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member

Uh-Oh! I think your hooked!! If you go any further than the LFM-1,.......well....... maybe it's best you not know? Please be careful Todd! and remember you most likely have a family thats counting on you?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks