What's new

Has anybody upgraded from one Energy speaker to another? (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
Danny, thanks for the info. I have heard the Athena F-1 and F-2, so I will have to go for fun and check the SCT line out if my local electronics store has them. I still want to hear the Veritas though.

Terry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Be advised if you demo Veritas at a chain like the "Good Guys" they will most likely be set-up incorrectly and if you demo the floorstanders they will most likely be under amplified. I have seen & unfortunately heard that scenario at few stores. I have the full suite of Veritas... 2.4's 2.0c, 2.2's and 2.0R's bring up the rear in 7.1. Although, I haven't heard the XL series, I have spent a lot time around the older "Take 5's", the newer connoisseur's C1,C3,C7's and the older Veritas 1.8's. The entire line competes very well in their respective price point. The C's sound great for the cost and offer a lot value. The Veritas, well....you get what you pay for!! The aluminum dome midrange driver in the 2.4, 2.3 & 2.2 is simply amazing.

EdNichols

Second Unit
You Veritas guys are killin' me. You keep telling me how they sound amazing. I must find someone who carries them. By the way, thanks for the warning about what the speakers might be powered with in the store. When, and I do mean when, I hear them I will ask about that.

Shane Acker

Agent
I went from an all take 5 set to e:XL 25 fronts, e:XL 15 rears and an e:XL C2 center with an e:XL s10 Sub. The difference to me was a much brighter and open sound ( I like bright sounding speakers ). I think the exposed tweeters of the classic e:XL line give them the nice highs.
About the Veritas.....Good Guys won't let me go in there any more to listen to them. They think I'm just wasting their time. I compared the Veritas to having your ears tickled with $3600. I love the sound of them. I envy anyone who has them (and the amps to drive them ).

Marc H

Second Unit
You could probably find clearance discounts on the Veritas series right now too as Energy has just released new models with an 'i' designation after the model number to signify new woofer and crossover designs. They have dropped the V2.1 bookshelf from the line up too.
I haven't heard the new series yet, our shop has to clear out the old ones first.

EdNichols

Second Unit
I have seen them cheaper on the internet than what Shane is saying Good Guys sells them for. Don't know if the web site I saw was an authorized dealer though. By the way, you guys that have the Veritas, did you compare them with any other brands?

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I went from the C-4s to the new C-5s. Definitely a downgrade. The C-5s are extremely average for music listening...for HT they are okay. They sure do look purdy, however.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
I have a set of Encores 7.1 and Veritas 2.4's, 2.0C and 2.0R. I fell in love with Energy speakers after listening to a friends older Veritas. Find Energy speakers was like finding that perfect glove that fits.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Energy speakers certainly do have that "je ne sais quoi" about them! I'm keeping the MB Quart QLS-1030s I'm auditioning because the matching center (QLS-330) makes a more seamless front soundstage than the old C6/AC300 ever did (for some reason I could always locate the AC300 despite level matching and equidistant placement.

No matter, the AC300 is now my new rear/center (since my new NAD T762 makes me 6.1 capable for the first time) and I can't bear to part with the C6s - they're going in my bedroom to be my new bedroom stereo system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks