What's new

Harry Potter Wizards Colection - Where are the reviews? (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
this collection was released last week, yet no one on the net has covered it at all.
What are the new extras like ? Are these new transfers?
Has anyone bought it? What do you think?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I think it's a rather expensive set for Warner to be sending
review copies out to everyone.

The only reviews I suspect you will see is from people who
actually ponied up for the set.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I received the set, but not really for review. To be honest, I'm not sure what there is to really review because as near as I can tell, the discs are just exact duplicates of most of what's already been released. So, I don't know what you could say about it except the packaging and a few (and I mean few) extras.

Cinema Squid

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Thoman
Here are two reviews:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry-Potter-Wizards-Collection-Blu-ray/39646/#Review
http://dvdmg.com/harrypotterwizardscollection.shtml

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Warner Brothers did not send HTF the complete Wizarding Collection, but only a sampling of the bonus material, making it a bit of a puzzle on how to review. If they had sent ALL the new bonus items, that would have made things a little simpler (though one could not really comment on the packaging), but they didn't. As it is, the review would essentially be an evaluation of parts seven and eight of the "Creating the World" documentary that has been included in the Ultimate Editions. Everything else would just be a regurgitation of the press release or reference to past reviews of the Ultimate Editions.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I don't know what to think of this set. It sounds great, but I've been saying that the original blu-ray editions of the first two films were sub-par. I would like to ask if anyone has the Ultimate Editions (or this boxed set) that if the transfers on those two films have been upgraded?

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Apparently the UK edition has suffered a major duplication SNAFU -
Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince are the theatrical editions rather than the "Ultimate Editions" (with In-Movie Experience and DTS-HD Audio).
Deathly Hallows 3D Part One and Two have their labels transposed.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Joe Caps said:
this collection was released last week, yet no one on the net has covered it at all.
What are the new extras like ? Are these new transfers?
Has anyone bought it? What do you think?
As mentioned, Warners only sent out the new bonus discs for review. Otherwise, it's essentially a re-packaging of the 6 already released Ultimate Editions + the Deathly Hallows and some new bonus features. No video upgrades.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Warners - it would be great if you got to it and released Deathly Hollows ultimate editions. they are listed for mid October release on Amazon, bu Amazon does not list the extra features. I shlep over to Warner Home Vid site, who doesn't seem to know they are on the way.
It would also be great if Waers gave us a small package with just the extr new discs stuff fro the Wizards collection.
This set would be a must be if earlier rumored stuff had appeared
A. Some new transfers
Bl more cut scenes released
C. Gag reels for each film.
At least half of the films could use better transfers.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Rumor is the UE for Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 and 2 will be a Target exclusive coming out on 9/25.

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Cameron Yee said:
Rumor is the UE for Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 and 2 will be a Target exclusive coming out on 9/25.
You are correct in that the Ultimate Edition of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Prts1&2' will be a Target Exclusive:
Warner Brothers has snuck this one up on us, but at least we finally have a reputable confirmation: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 will be released and complete the Ultimate Edition series next week.
Word came via Target in-store promotional advertisements which picture “Years 1 and 2″ in one Ultimate Edition set for release on September 25 (one week from today). The top of the box bills it as a “2 Movie Ultimate Edition.” See it below:
http://www.hypable.com/2012/09/18/deathly-hallows-ultimate-edition-release-date-2/
One thing do not know is. Weather the two parts are edited together or not...

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I just got the color weekly from Target, and there is NOTHING about the Harry Potter in it.
IF this is a reaol set, would anyone know what the extras are that are in it, how many discs for the blu and the price?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Joe Caps said:
I just got the color weekly from Target, and there is NOTHING about the Harry Potter in it.
IF this is a reaol set, would anyone know what the extras are that are in it, how many discs for the blu and the price?
There have been many reports of posters advertising the sale in store as well as Target employees that have already seen the boxes being unloaded from the
trucks in preparation for Tuesday. 99% sure it a real release, but no details of its contents yet.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I got up early to go to Target to ge the Dethly Hallows ultimate edition. the week has not been kind. My blu ray player, which has been having
problems, died. No problem. I am mostly getting this set for the extras. I 'll just buy the sd version. Warners did not make any !!!!!
Warner Vid. I am very much pissed off. I have been a very faithful Harry Potter fan. i've through some very bad editoins and some really uglytransfers (Half Blood Prince, deathly Hallows part one- you should be ahsmaed).
Now I am screwed on this one too !!!!!!

John Skoda

Second Unit
It does exist--I just bought one! Had to go to two Targets, but the second had one copy.
Package is a 6-disc set with both movies on blu and DVD (and Ultraviolet). I paid $49.99.

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand
I just got back home with one too. Also had to go to two different Targets. The first Target nearest to my house has the one copy wrapped in the package destroying spider security and the box was destroyed in the process. I talked to the manager and he called another store on the other side of town and they had one that was perfect.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
They were sold out at the Target I visited, but they said they would be getting more later in the week.
If anyone picks up a spare, please PM me and I'll gladly reimburse.

Mark VH

Second Unit
Might be a dumb question, but what's the word on extra footage in these? Are they just the theatrical cuts with the documentary and additional extras? Or are they extended editions? If so, extended by how much?

John Skoda

Second Unit
I assume they are the theatrical cuts, but both films have "Deleted Scenes" included in the supplementary section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks