Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

92712_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    The Amazon page was very sketchy on the release. Looking forward to more information.

3. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I was hopeing HTF would post something today - but, sadly, no more solid info than is on Amazon.

Rumor has it that this is a cheaper version of the Wizards Collection. does it have all the wizards collection had?

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Assuming the picture is correct, there's 31 discs and that's the same as the ludicrously huge box set. My guess is that it is indeed a cheaper and much more manageable sized re-release of the box set.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    IIRC, the current ludicrously huge boxed set is around $150 at Costco these days.

I kind of regret buying some of the individual Ultimate Sets now. . .oh well.

JohnMor likes this.
  6. Jari K

Jari K Producer

"Harry Potter Wizard's Collection" (aka huge box set) seems to be back in stock in Amazon.com. Almost the same price as the Hogwarts Collection.

7. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Thanks Aaron! I was able to pick one up at my local Costco tonight: $149.99 plus tax! I'm a happy man tonight! :rock: :banana:

8. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Look, the thing still costs too damn much. Most people have no use for the dvds or the Cloud versions; they need to put out another version, blu-rays and extras only and charge like $100 for it. And Warners needs to tell us if some of the problems with the last eight movies have been corrected at last. Movie #7 is the most glitch-filled movie ever put on blu-ray and Movies #1 and #2 look like upconverted dvds. Movie #3 has very weird blue-shifted color which is NOT the way the scenes look in that movie's trailer, and nobody has ever told me which is correct. And never mind the contrast and saturation problems in Movie #6 and the dimness of Movie #8. Harry Potter on blu-ray is a MESS, frankly. I just want to know if they've gone back and FIXED the damn blu-rays, already. I am talking about the original releases of each of the eight. I have no idea if they fixed any of that stuff for the Wizards Collection, or now.

9. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Potter number three has a film density problem it had in the theater also. Any scene in a dark spot, even in broad daylight, has no inner detail at all
    Films 5 and 6 have no color, contrast, and the pictures are so dim, it is hard just to lay back and enjoy these films at all.
    These really need remastering, but will probably not get it.