What's new

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1 Viewer)

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
DarkHorizons.com is reporting that David Thewlis ("The Island of Dr. Moreau", "The Big Lebowski", "Dragonheart") has been cast as Professor Remus Lupin. So if the rumors turn out true, here is the casting so far:
Gary Oldman as Sirius Black
Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew
David Thewlis as Remus Lupin
I hope these rumors pan out because that is some great casting. :D

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
David Thewlis ("The Island of Dr. Moreau", "The Big Lebowski", "Dragonheart") has been cast as Professor Remus Lupin
Excellent, excellent choice. :) Thewlis is one of my favorite actors and I am totally impressed with this casting decision. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
There are some really heavyweight actors in this one (as if the last two were lacking or something, hehe) ... I can't wait!
Joseph

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was still holding out hope for Jason Carter for Sirius Black myself, but they could definitely do worse than Gary Oldman.
I think Spall would make the perfect Wormtail, and while I still hope Ewan McGregor gets Lupin, Thewlis isn't bad by any means.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Can someone please tell me who David Thewlis plays in The Big Lebowski. I see from IMDB that his character name is Knox Harrington, but that just ain't doin' it for me.

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone please tell me who David Thewlis plays in The Big Lebowski. I see from IMDB that his character name is Knox Harrington, but that just ain't doin' it for me.

Matt, Knox is the shaven-headed guy with the John Waters mustache who is sitting and giggling while The Dude is having the meeting with Maude Lebowski -- the meeting where she tells him about the band "Autobahn."

--K

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Ah, thanks!

"Who the fuck are you man"
"Oh, just a friend of Maude's"
"A friend with a cleft ass-hole?"

Good choice!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Combining this property (not to mention that I like this book BEST) with that CAST and an extremely talented director has me excited as both a fan of Harry and as a fan of film. This could be one great film. Shouldn't get my hopes up too high, bot wow!WOW!WOWSERS!
Take care,
Chuck

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Even though I absolutely loved the first two movies, I will agree with the oft-presented statement that the direction and storytelling was very conservative and slightly pedestrian. With a director like Alfonso Cuaron and this excellent new cast, I think Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will probably be incredible.
I'm starting to get very excited for this movie. I think I'll need to read the books to get my Potter fix. ;)
Lowell

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Agreed, this movie is shaping up to be head and shoulders above the first two. Going to be a good pair of summers. Order of Phoenix this summer, and the movie for PoA next. I can live with that.

Only question now is with OoP being 1/3 again as long as Goblet, can I keep up my streak of reading each book in one day?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You're good, Chris. It took me two to get through Goblet, but then we were on vacation at the time. All those pesky family activities getting in the way and all...:D
Also, initial filming has already started. The-Leaky-Cauldron.Org has a set report online with pics that have been later confirmed as the real deal.
AFAIK, what's been filmed so far is the scenes where (spoiler, highlight to read) Harry gets his first glimpse of Sirius and boards the night bus on the curb.
Consider me among the pumped.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Yeah, well, I had a boost on my free time that day. I was at work, which back then always meant plenty of time to do whatever.

And before you ask, that was back when I was working at Six Flags Fiesta Texas as a Looney Tune after my senior year of HS. Fun job, hot as hell though. But the best part was that we had shows once every hour and 45 mins, 20 minute show (you just can't do more then that in Texas summer heat in a full body fur coat). The rest of the intervening time was paid breaks. I saw more movies for the first time on the clock there...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
From Dark Horizons...........

"Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban: The BBC talked with Norfolk actor Chris Rankin (aka. Percy Weasley) about how new director Alfonso Cuarón is going on the third movie and how he's different to Chris Columbus - "We’re taking a new slant with a new director it will be a very visually different film. There's new costume designs, all sorts of stuff has changed. His style is completely different to Chris Columbus’, he’s going for a real dramatic, tension building to a climax kind of film which I think is going to be perfect for Potter three...In the second one it was as if the group of children who’d been to see the first one were now a year older and could take a bit more, but in this film they’ll seem as if they’re four years older".

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I cannot wait for this film. POA is by far my favorite of the Harry Potter books. With this cast and new director, I have high high hopes for this to blow away the last two films, and I loved both films.

-Dean-

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I cannot wait for this film. POA is by far my favorite of the Harry Potter books. With this cast and new director, I have high high hopes for this to blow away the last two films, and I loved both films.
I agree with everything you've said, verbatim.

Here's my idea for a teaser poster: Have an all black poster with the shaggy outline of Sirius sillouetted by white light poring through the barred window of the cell.
Underneath, the Prisoner of Azkaban logo, like the COS movie logo only in silver. Then the credits below that. I think that would make a really striking poster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks