What's new

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't read Chris's spoiler, but am troubled by the fact that it exists (and that someone will probably forget to spoilerize it when quoting).

Good bye, folks. See you Sunday or Monday.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
I have not read the seventh book, but there are jpeg files of the last chapter all over the net, which happen to confirm everything that Chris mentioned above.

I suppose the jpegs could be fake, but if so they're very convincing. They clearly resemble the other Scholastic editions, complete with a Mary GrandPre illustration.

For those who asked, the page numbers are a little blurry in the images, but it looks like the last page is numbered either 739 or 759.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The thing that's bothering me is going to the bookstore at midnight and some jackass thinking it's a great laugh to shout out the ending as people are leaving the store. That happened to a friend of mine with the previous book - she wasn't particularly bothered, but her 12 year old daughter had been allowed to stay up especially and she was distraught. I really think there should be a special ring in Purgatory for guys like that.

Chris, not a dig at you, because you put up spoilers.

However, I think I too shall stop reading this thread for the moment.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Andrew.. I could answer that, but then it really WOULD be spoilers that would ruin the heart of the book.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm out, too. Sorry Chris. Cool you got it early and all, but this thread will be dangerous until I'm done with 7. You may have spoiler blocked the text, but someone else won't.

See ya,
Chuck

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Yup, no more thread for me. Thanks for letting us know that it killer Chris, I'm getting pretty pumped for it.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Please do not reveal anything about the book until after the official release on the 21. And then - use spoiler tags.

I know the knowledge is bursting to come out - but you will just have to restrain yourself and bask in the glow of the envy of those around you. :)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Damnit, I just can't keep away! The thoughts that keep circulating in my mind re: the final book -

Hermione and Ron get killed; Snape is Harry's biological father; McGonagle is a traitor

None of this is based on any insider knowledge gleaned from other websites, so feel free to read if you want to burdened with yet another set of silly speculations.

Will Saturday never come? ;)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Yee-Ming - the rational part of me agrees totally with you. But the irrational part keeps insisting this is what will happen. Ah well, I hope that by about 5 a.m. GMT on Saturday I'll know who was right. ;)

Ken CM

Agent
Sorry if something similar to this was posted already...but don't want to take a chance on reading any spoilers. Just looked at my Amazon delivery status and it shows that my book is at the local center "Held by CUSTOMER request for future delivery". I called UPS and they said " sure you can pick it up!"...It's only .5 miles away. I'm heading over there right now. Will report back shortly.

Ken CM

Agent
Never Mind...should clarify that the UPS status said "Receiving Customer Requested hold"...anyway...went to UPS at opening and the counter person couldn't find it...she thinks it went out for delivery because the hold came in "late"..whatever - if it went out for delivery it would show that status....I don't think she wanted to dig through the other pile of HP books to find it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Darnit! My copy just dispatched from Amazon in the UK on 2 day international via DHL. I doubt they ship on Saturdays, so chances are I'll have mine on Monday :frowning:

Of course, I have that really sweet LoTR UK 50th anniversary edition to tide me over :D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Already up to page 250... Thank Voldemort for ethically-challenged retailers :p

Without going into spoiler territory, I'll say... Best one. By far.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ricardo: AMEN! :) I can't wait until by Sunday we can start discussing.. the opening 3 chapters in this book are BLOCKBUSTER material. :)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Three and a half hours and counting until we can buy it in the shops (sorry, I mean stores) over here in the home of HP. Book stores are opening at midnight especially, but I think I shall try the local 24 hour supermarket (likely to be smaller queues and plus I can buy myself some chocolate frogs and multi-flavour jelly beans whilst I'm there to keep up my energy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks