What's new

Harriet Craig (1950) (1 Viewer)

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
Is there any hope that Sony will release this anytime soon, anywhere in the world?

I know they recently released Vincent Sherman's "Affair in Trinidad" in R2, but I really would like to get this one after catching a few minutes of it on TV.

Corey

Screenwriter
Sony could actually make a Crawford set with:

-They All Kissed the Bride
-Harriett Craig
-Autumn Leaves
-The Story of Esther Costello
-Beserk

If they even put Straight Jacket and Queen Bee, I'd like that too.

Charles H

Screenwriter
TCM is showing HARRIET CRAIG on TCM on 8/3. It's the quintessential Crawford role and its willful absence (thanks to Sony) on dvd makes it a rather obscure film (would love to have had a Sherman commentary on this since he was having an affair with Crawford at the time). The previous incarnation--CRAIG's WIFE--was also a career-defining role for Rosalind Russell.

Corey

Screenwriter

Lol, sad but true. It's pretty pathetic that this late in the dvd game, other studios other than Fox and Warners don't realize that people like old movies and will buy them. Sony, Paramount, and Universal are not listening to the consumers.

Nick Eden

Stunt Coordinator
Fortunately, FilmFour (UK cable/satellite) channel is showing a lot of Columbia material, all with the Sony International branding at the end i.e these are all new transfers.
They look very good and apart from Autumn Leaves, Harriet Craig has also been shown.

Jace_A

Second Unit

Well, they do, but just not a whole lot. I've a number of Columbia classics on DVD, the most recent of which is "Here Comes Mr Jordan". Crawford's "Queen Bee" and "Straight Jacket" are also on DVD from Sony.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
CRAIG'S WIFE, paired with its remake HARRIET CRAIG would be a fun comparison....both films are fun...other studios would put them out as a two-fer, but probably not SONY.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks