What's new

Harper's Island (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Possibly Henry?
Maybe Wellington was trying to pay him off to not marry his daughter?

Do you think that Abby's mom was having an affair with John Wakefield? Maybe that's why Sheriff Mills was the only one to fire at him...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Mr. wellington already gave hunter a $50,000 check.
The bag with the gun and money inside could have been Henry's.
I'll go back to the first episode and look if Henry had that bag.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

Thanks. I usually find out these things for myself but I've been so busy and tired lately from moving into a new house I can barely type.

Good to know it hasn't been cancelled - yet.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Bang

A lame episode, and a lame killing that has nothing to do with who is killing everyone.
And I have a problem with this show so far.
In the past few episodes and even the bachelorette party and no one asks or cares to know where Lucy Daramour(one who got burned alive) is.

And that bag of money and gun was Uncle Marty's.

The psychic saying that the one who betrays you will be your savior.
So did she mean her stepmom or Henry her finance who just saved her from drowning?

and what was up with Richard Allen, the one at the end who pulled Trish out of the water. How was he there AND Henry there in such a short time?
Can Henry not swim? Are they in on it together?

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I will agree that this last episode was not all that good. The death that happened having (seemingly) nothing to do with the overall storyline was kind of a let down.

What was up with the girl at the newspaper? Someone who will come back into the thick of things or just a red herring?

I took the guy who saved Trish to be her betrayer and her savior. He was even dressed somewhat like the tarot card.

I'll still be watching as long as it is playing.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

That's Robin Matthews who works for the Harper's Globe newspaper. You can find out more here: About Harper's Globe

As far as the "death" of Booth: if that bullet was "accidently" self-inflicted, isn't it possible that Booth faked his own death? We never saw what happened after he died in Malcolm's arms.

My guess is that there is a family link between two of the characters that has not been revealed yet and it will hold a key to the motivation of the killer.
(Food for thought: who wanted all the articles on the case? is that person dead or just curious about what happened?)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah, but we saw lots of blood being lost and gushing out.
if anything, the audience is being tricked, and I find that lame.
*Pretend to shoot yourself in the leg, show theres lots of blood being gushed out
passing out and seemingly dying* LAME! not buying it.

and if Booth faked his death, wouldn't Malcolm check to see his best friend is for sure dead?
before assuming he is dead?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
After Booth "died", the next time we see Malcolm is at the bachelor party, claiming he had passed out (explaining to Henry why he was getting there late). We never saw what transpired after the death scene.

Another plot hole: why didn't anyone question why Booth wasn't at the party?

If you haven't checked out the website, I'll tell you it is INCREDIBLY impressive when you look at the backstory info posted for a show that's only going to air for thirteen weeks. And the link to the Wikipedia entry offers some fascinating info/theories.

One bit of info which I don't recall hearing in the show is that Henry was a witness to some of the murders/attacks---or was close by---because he administered treatment to one of the deputies that was attacked.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

The same irritating fact that no one at the bachlorette party or anytime after the moment Lucy got burned alive is asking where the hell they are at/happened to them.

Why isn't anyone noticing that their friends are missing???

I'm really feeling that were going to get an incredibly lame payoff.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Thwack
Looks like Mr. Thomas Wellington got it by chandelier.
Even though I'm in it till the end, I'm growing tired of this show.

I had to laugh at the dog patiently waiting on top of the truck canopy until Thomas and Trish got out.

In the previous episode, Henry did ask where Booth was.
And evidently we were told Lucy(the one who was burned alive) had to leave the island for a few days or something and would be back.

And whatever happened to Chloe? She just disappeared and no one knows where she is.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
JohnS:

Are new episodes available at CBS.com before they air on TV? I notice that this is the second time you gave your opinions of an episode before it had been broadcast.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

I have to ask the same thing. I thought they had changed the air time again.

I guess I can skip tonight since I already know what happens.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't usually make an issue of this but wouldn't spoilers apply here?

I know the forums policy on being free to openly talk about shows once they air but what's the policy on being free to openly talk about shows that haven't yet aired offcially when the majority expects them to?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I thought the same thing when I made that last post, but didn't include it. I know that it still airs on Thursday night in Canada, but JohnS' info seems to indicate he's in Las Vegas.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Oh crap.
My bad guys.
Yes, I'm in Las Vegas.
Like my Doctor Who, Pushing Daisies and other shows, I get them early and I completely forgot about the switch over from Thursdays to Saturdays.
Many apologies.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I had the same thought, but am now guessing the killer uses their cellphones and sends text messages to the effect that the 'missing person' has to go home to attend to a family emergency or something similar. Someone mentioned that they knew one of the missing girls had to go home.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Bummer...no episode this Saturday. Given the lack of support from CBS, I am thinking that this will be the only 13 episodes of "Harper's" that we will ever see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks