Harmony remote questions

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Cowbell, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Cowbell

Cowbell Extra

If you were to buy a Harmony Remote today, which model would you pick and why?
    Model #550, #670, #880, #One, #1000?

Do all of the various models of the Harmony Remote line use the same setup/configuration software?

thanks in advance.

2. John Burton

John Burton Stunt Coordinator

John
    I went from an 880, to a ONE, and I love the ONE!

3. Brent_S

Brent_S Second Unit

I went with the 550 mostly for price. It lacks the color display and has fewer soft buttons than some of the higher priced models, but it otherwise has done everything I needed...including allowing the wife to operate everything without having to understand which input each device needs to be set to. It seems to show up for $50 fairly regularly at Amazon.

Yes, all Harmony's use the same web based configuration software.

-Brent

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I have two 880's but I would get 890's now. With so much equipment I sometimes forget to keep the remote pointed in the right direction and something will get missed. The RF functionality of the 890 eliminates that.

-Robert

5. Arjcm72

Arjcm72 Agent

I have an 890, two 550s, and two 520s. They all are wonderful. Right now you can get a great deal on the 890s on Ebay. I actually learned more about them just recently from the wonderful customer service reps via the 800#. A VERY powerful remote for around $200.
    They will control Z-wave lighting switches and controls. I have set up a couple lighting networks and love being able to turn all my lamps off and on from bed. NO MORE getting up to turn on or off lights.