What's new

Harmon Kardon AVP-2 Home Theater Dolby Processor (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

Look here for item and payment info: Link Removed
This unit was made for HK by Fosgate and is identical to their comparable model.
$60 plus actual shipping costs.
I have a perfect Ebay rating of 81 positives and 0 negatives where I sell as govtdog.
If you have any questions, get back to me at [email protected]
Thanks for your interest!
Take Care,
John Morris

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
Would this be true dd ex if used? How do you do it? i amy be interested if you can help me with these ?'s

J

John Morris

Kevin: Thanks for your interest!
All DD-EX is just 5.1 DD with a matrixed rear center channel(s). It is created by taking the two rear channels and deriving a center rear channel from those channel. You can D-I-Y DD-EX by using any DPL receiver/pre-pro, with 3 channel DPL decoding, and plugging the two rear side outputs into that unit's front L,R channels. You then take the unit's center channel output to use as your new center rear channel. For regular 5.1 listening, the additional DPL receiver/pre-pro must have a bypass mode so that the rear side channels pass through unprocessed when wanted.
If you have any other questions, get back to me.
Take Care,
John

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
John, here's the questions I have. First, do I need an amp or receiver for this to work. I currently have a Kenwood 106VR for DD-EX and DTS-ES. The kenwoood works fine but I'm wondering if sending the signal through the HK and then to the kenwood would make a difference in sound quality. Or does it have power like the JBL you have for sale and can be used without a power amp source.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

J

John Morris

Hi Jerome: As much as I'd like to sell this unit, I can't recommned passing the signal through the HK to the Kenwood unless you are using a 5/6 channel bypass passthrough on the Kenwood. Also, the HK does NOT have any onboard amplifiers. The only reason to use the HK unit in your situation would be for the music and DSP modes which Fosgate does so well.
If you have any other questions, get back to me.
Take Care,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks