Harman Kardon & Bose problem :(((

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by kermit35, Nov 28, 2010.

1. kermit35

kermit35 Auditioning

Please help!

I have a Harman Kardon AVR-254 receiver with Bose Acoustimass 1o speaker system.

I've set up everything with microfone provided by HK.

When watching movies sound is great (Panasonic dmp-bd65k), the problem is when listening to music...

It seems like on each and every audio setting and/or virtual surround setting speakers act like they are turned on and off, on and off it is so anoying and i can't find any setting to make it sound right.

I hope i made myself clear.

So if you have any ideas or advice, please help.

Kermit

2. CB750

CB750 Screenwriter

Others who own Bose Cube systems complain the the auto calibration systems that come with their receivers will not correctly calibrate the Bose Speakers. I believe this is due to the fact that the cube speakers are connected through the bass module that provides it's own equalization and electronic boost to make up for the poor quality build of the Bose drivers. I think the work around is a manual calibration with a external sound meter.

You may want to contact Bose and explain your problem to you and see what they say.

3. wnnabepro

wnnabepro Agent

I'm afraid there is no fix. I have a similar problem that I'm trying to resolve for a customer who installed a Bose Speaker System with a Harman Kardon AVR. Except with him, it's the front's left and right that shut off(or at least i can't get any sound out of them). I was on the phone with Bose Tech Support for almost a hour and they told me my AVR was bad. . . . .I kindly thanked him for his time and ended the call!!! Your not the only one with this problem!! How old are the speakers? Could you return the system?

4. kermit35

kermit35 Auditioning

Hi!

Thanks for your response!

Speakers are not really old(less then one year).

The problem is with rear speakers, i can hear perfectly front ones but those rear ones with this kind of turning on and of is drivung me nuts.

The wierd thing is that my body has the same speakers hooked up with some old toshiba receiver and everything works fine.

I'm going to try to calibrate them manually, maybe this will help.

Once again thanks!