What's new

Hardy Boys Season 2 - King Tut's Tomb episode sound question (1 Viewer)

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
Hi gang,

I just got Season 2 of The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries today. I noticed on the episode "The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb" on disc one that there are several static and other "noise" problems, especially at the beginning of the episode with the boys in the van and the men and the girl in the pyramid.

I'm trying to determine if my disc is defective or if this couldn't be helped and is on everybody's set.

Can you guys confirm for me? Thanks.

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
Nobody responded when I originally posted this topic over a week ago. But for those who may be interested, I did hear officially from Universal regarding this issue. Here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Home Entertainment. We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality and customer care.

We researched your inquiry and have determined that the issues you described are present on the 30-year old master film of "The Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew," Season 2. In creating DVD releases of older films and television series, we use the best film elements available in the Universal Studios archives.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will continue to enjoy our releases.

Sincerely,
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Gee, I guess Universal didn't want to shell out a few $$$ to solve the problem before mastering the discs.

Heck,some simple noise reduction work could have made it less noticeable!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Both season 1 and 2, are now on sale at amazon for a mindblowing, 15.99 each !!!!!!!!!!! Just ordered season 2, which I didnt have yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks