What's new

Hardware Closet Recomendations (1 Viewer)

dooferdave

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I bought a new house with a media room. It is not fancy but at least it is dedicated. The problem that I have is that there isnt a closet for the equipment. I am kicking myself now for not having it put in during construction so I left to add it now. My question is, how big should the closet be? HxWxD and should it have a rack built in or a free standing just pushed into the space? I am planning on having a vent fan tied into the air return of the AC so i think i am good with the cooling but I just dont know how to go about the rack and the size of the closet. any help would be appreciated.

dooferdave

Auditioning
Real Name
David
ok, so my question is phrased poorly. let me try it again. I want to flush mount a rack system into the wall/closet. how big should the closet be? maybe that helps.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Big enough to hold the equipment you have. People here have used existing closets, computer racks (enclosed), retail equipment racks and DIY equipment racks. First you probably need to choose your rack before starting construction.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
You're really only limited by the size of your media room as to how big you can make your closet. I'm doing a remodel right now and my closet is roughly 7 x 5 x 7. It's fairly large for a closet but in addition to equipment, I'm also going to use it for media storage as well as general storage for random stuff. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks