Hanna Barbera fans rejoice! Jonny Quest, Flintstones, Jetsons coming!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bob Black, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Bob Black

Bob Black Stunt Coordinator

I like this one, too, Casey. My all-time favorites are The Swimming Pool, The Flintstone Flyer from season one, and Dress Rehearsal (AKA The Blessed Event), Ten Little Flintstones, Peek-A-Boo-Camera, the X-Ray Story (dinopeptic germ) and The Gravelberry Pie King.

I'm a HUGE Hanna-Barbera fan, and I can't wait for these releases. Bring on Space Ghost, The Herculoids, Birdman, Scooby Doo, Top Cat, Tom And Jerry, etc., etc.

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I love the pie king episode also, and the swimming pool 1 too when Fred and Barney jump off of opposite diving boards and collide in the middle before falling unconscious in to the pool.

3. John KB

John KB Second Unit

I can't wait to get my hands on The Flinstones DVD. I'm not as big of a Jetsons fan, but if it's only going to be one set, I'll pick that one up too!!!

4. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

[​IMG]

I sure wish I had my own private jet, with vertical takeoff capability (complete with personal pilot Roger "Race" Bannon), plus all the other cool vehicles & toys utilized by the Quests. Such as Flying 'Platforms', Hydrofoils, Snowcats, and Benton's famous "Para-Power Ray Gun" (which is a direct descendant of the "Ronald Ray-Gun"). [​IMG]

5. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

The Jetsons Episodes that were done later were also done for Saturday morning (just like the later Flintstones spin-offs with the different voice for Fred) and not for Prime Time like the originals which meant they were made with only kids in mind and not kids and adults like the originals.
    It looks like they will be using these later Jetsons episodes as a Season 2 and 3 if the 1st sells well enough since they are calling these Season One instead of "Complete series" like Johnny Quest.
    I will be purchasing all 6 original Flintstones Seasons and the Original Jetsons Season one and possibly Johnny Quest but I will not purchase any of the later ones. I hope other 60's Hanna Barbera shows will follow soon as that was their "golden age" IMHO

6. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

- self-edit -

7. Bryan_Bortz

Bryan_Bortz Stunt Coordinator

Hmm, I guess I am in the minority of Jetsons fans.

I would love to own those at the right price.

-Owl

8. Bob Black

Bob Black Stunt Coordinator

Randy

I agree 100% with you about their animation from the 60's. I particulaly love their superhero series - The Herculoids, Space Ghost, Galaxy Trio, Birdman, etc. I have a Volume 1 comic of Hanna-Barbera's Super TV Heroes featuring some of these characters, as well as a first issue of Hanna-Barbera's Hi-Adventure Heroes with Gullivers Travels, Three Musketeers and such.

Of course, we can't forget Ruff & Reddy, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Pixie & Dixie, Magilla Gorilla, Squiddley Diddley, Winsome Witch, Precious Pup, Dastardly & Muttley, Wacky Races, Breezly & Sneezly, Lippy and Hardy, Atom Ant, and the list goes on and on...

There were some later series that were better than others, like Yogi's Gang, Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics, Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon, Speed Buggy, Yogi's Space Race, Wheelie & The Chopper Bunch, Godzilla, Jana Of The Jungle and the Smurfs, just to name a few. I started getting too old to watch Saturday morning cartoons after the Smurfs, so that ended my interest.

I absolutely LOVE the Boomerang channel on Dishnet because they show all these classic series. It will be even better to have them on DVD though.

9. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Bob
    We have similar tastes in cartoons. I enjoy all the same ones you mentioned and I also enjoy watching them on Boomerang.
    I too would love to see them on DVD but I wonder if we got our wish and they all came out what would we do because they made so many shows. How could we afford them all, How could we make time to watch them all and where would we store them. Well that would be a good problem to have[​IMG]

10. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I absolutely love the classic Hanna Barbera cartoons, but sadly, my cable company doesn't carry Boomerang [​IMG]

11. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I agree with this, and would love to see most of those you mentioned hit DVD, although my wallet probably has a different take on it.

12. Mike Rivera

Mike Rivera Agent

I'm in for all three - let's go!

13. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

DANG! That list brings back memories of my saturday morning cartoon fix when I was a wee lad.

14. John KB

John KB Second Unit

15. John KB

John KB Second Unit

16. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

A full-season set of "Scooby-Doo" could easily be reduced (in reality) to just a
    1-episode DVD....seeing as how every single episode is identical in nearly every
    aspect. [​IMG]

Loved this show as a toddler, though. But, ya gotta admit, there was a wee bit of *similarity* between scripts. (They just changed "Doctor Nasheeb" to "Inspector McGinsentroyd" (or something) from one episode to the next.) [​IMG]

17. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Does anyone have these JQ LaserDiscs, from Image Entertainment? ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

How about this one for future DVD release? [​IMG] .......

[​IMG]

19. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I would've liked to see a $49.95 retail on the Flinstones Set $64.92 is a bit on the high side for a four disk set.

20. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

yabadaba doo