What's new

Hancock (Will Smith as a Superhero!) (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Huh, I didn't even realize Tonight, He Comes... had gotten as far as filming. Not sure whether I like the new name better.

And, hey, it's scheduled for a "Big Willie Wednesday" release. :) Been a while since he had one of those.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
The script for "Hancock" is said to be very good (as well as hilarious) and the rumored "twist" on the Charlize Theron character that she's actually a super villain
should be fun to see unfold (if true).

This one could go either way though. It could be a great romp and end up being a big summer hit or it could end up being another "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". The teaser spot did have some funny moments though.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This looks pretty good and quite a few steps up from My Super Ex-girlfriend which did have its moments.

Being 6 months out, the sfx already are looking great as well. Will be nice to have another Smith 4th of July.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
It's good to hear that it's Berg directing. He's an above average director, and should have the right touch to get the tone of this film right.

I'm warming the idea of an unlikeable dickhead Will Smith as superhero :)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I just saw the trailer for this movie on Apple trailers and I have to say, wow, I really like it! It looks fun and the effects are spot on. He's a very "different" type of Superhero. Can't wait to see what they have in store for Charlize Theron.

Again, yup, the whale part. LOL!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
From the premise, I really expected something different. Something more dramatic about a guy who used to be great in his heyday and has one more chance to prove himself - kinda like a Rocky Balboa with a superhero. So looks like I'll need to readjust my expectations.

Brad M

Second Unit
I had no idea what to expect when I walked into this thread. That was great! I've gotta see it.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I was reminded of My Super Ex-Girlfriend while watching the trailer, which is not a good sign.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
The special effects set pieces look like they cost a lot and I think Smith + Baetman is going to be a good 1-2 (I'm a bit biased as I'm a huge Arrested Development fan though) comedic team.

I think it'll do big business, people probably will want some lighter fare next summer with still a good dose of action. The whale bit made me chuckle too. Reminds me a bit of 'Men In Black' in terms of tone.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Can't trust a writer that calls out Hancock as awful superhero parodying while touting July 4th as a day "that should be reserved for exciting blockbusters like Transformers and Independence Day". Unless by exciting, he meant rote and relatively idea-free.

But I did enjoy the trailer. I was already going to see this on the basis of Berg, Bateman, and Smith. I also found the earlier teaser good enough.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It looks promising. I do have some reservations, considering that it has taken 5 writer's to come up with the script for this film.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I think it will be a pretty entertaining flick. Unlike many people I don't mind Will Smith as an actor.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
This looks like fun. Probably not one I'm going to see at the cinema but I'll definitely pick-up the Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks