What's new

Halo 2 possibly early? (1 Viewer)

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
So I heard from another forum member (thanks Wally) that Halo 2 might be scheduled for a summer release. I was poking around the future releases at EB and Gamestop and both have summer release dates as of now (of course, they're both different). These aren't exactly the most reliable or accurate places for release dates, but it's interesting that these have recently changed and are different from the Holiday 2003 that was originally expected. Been looking around and have found nothing else to support this as yet.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=231432
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210263
It would be amazingly cool if Halo 2 did come out early, but surprising too, as that would be a game I'd have figured to be used as bait to get everyone to keep their Xbox live account going after the first year is up. Of course, at this point, it's all speculative. If true, just means I'm gonna have to get myself a 720p capable display that much sooner.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
I've "heard" from certain sources that the game is already in the late beta stages, meaning there are actual playable copies floating around. Of course this is totally unsubstantiated, but it's exciting to think that an early release is possible.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
You'd think they'd have shown something more than concept art and a trailer if the game was close to being finished.

Screenshots of actual gameplay, anyone?

Remember, EB is the same website that had "Half Life 2" scheduled for release on the Xbox in january.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
If the game is to be 720p then I sure hope that the conexant chip is enabled to scale it up to 1080i for the 95% of us whose HDTVs can not display 720p

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
If a release date will get either one of those places to get more preorders, they'll have it a bit earlier. Those dates don't come from the developers at all. They're just for setting reserves and such when they're that far out. I remember when they had Warcraft 3 on there... 2 1/2 years before it came out...

Glen

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'll bet that the release will coincidentally fall around the time everyone will be debating renewing Xbox Live & right in time for the lucrative Christmas shopping season. Summer is a horrid time for game sales.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks