What's new

Halo 2 HTF Clan (1 Viewer)

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
quote:So... having joined this thing without knowing what I was getting into, now may be a good time to ask... how the heck does a clan work?

I think we play as a group on team-based online games/maps against other clans, maybe? Reading through the manual, it says that depending on the type of game chosen to play, assignments/ranks or roles are given to clan members.

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
Can I have a spot reserved for me when I get xbox live next week thanks to pay day?

quote:Do we get to play against each other?

You can play against each other or as a team together. In Halo 2 they have clan system so you can play in ranked matches or find the people in the your clan easier.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
quote:Can I have a spot reserved for me when I get xbox live next week thanks to pay day?

It shouldn't be too hard to get a free trial.. that's what I'm on right now, till late december.

--

H

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm in! It's much more enjoyable when you can play against people you know in some fashion.

I'm elchino73

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Bruin96

I'll add you all to my buddy list and look for you online. I'm west coast, so all you east coasters, I hope you're up late!
wink.gif

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
quote:It shouldn't be too hard to get a free trial.. that's what I'm on right now, till late december.

Halo 2 (the LE at least) comes with a 2 month free trial. Since you're using a free trial I'm guessing you don't have the headset, right? I don't have Live yet and haven't tried the trial since I thought it would be pointless without the headset. How's it working out for you?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
quote:Halo 2 (the LE at least) comes with a 2 month free trial. Since you're using a free trial I'm guessing you don't have the headset, right? I don't have Live yet and haven't tried the trial since I thought it would be pointless without the headset. How's it working out for you?

I bought an El-cheapo HIP GEAR headset for $20... it works great for now, I don't know how it compares to the official MS ($30) one though.

That said, I often play Burnout 3 (racing) on Live without the headset. I can hear the chatter through speakers, but don't feel the need to talk to anyone really.

Still, FPS on Live without a headset is probably not a good idea. I did it for a day or two but you need one to enjoy the full experience of team work and such.

--

H

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
We really should combine these Clans, if someone truly is running a HTF clan.

As for the headsets, I actually sprung for the new in-ear headpiece (Halo 2 edition) and I gotta say the improvement is unreal. I love this thing, I wanna be a telemarketer and just talk to people on it. lol. Anyways, it is 50 bux and you need the communicator piece to plug it in, so it isn't cheap, but if you find the MS one to be uncomfortable, it's a formidable option!

Hope to see you guys on Live.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
All right so it looks like well have a competing clan on the board that should be fun. Some have suggested combining both clans. I suppose that we could or we could just compete against one another. I donÕt really care. Anyhow to answer a few questions. First the way the clan works is that we form a big giant team. Different people on the team can be assigned different roles. Right now I am the Admin. I have no problem relinquishing control to someone who might be more involved in the future. As of now IÕm just trying to get as many of us as possible organized and if anyone wants to take over or wants to Co-Admin the group let me know. I will assign people to the position of being able to send out more invites to our clan as it can be tough for just one person. After we have all accepted the invites we will move on to some games and develop our clan a bit more. I have grad class tonight but after I will be adding people to the clan.

IÕd like for the future of the clan to be able to arrange some time throughout the week so when we can all meet up and play together online. If anyone has any ideas on what times are best let me know! We are also going to need a place to post all of our information. I donÕt have a web site so I guess for now we can just post any updates, questions, and information here. I believe bungie.net will provide our clan with a small page. I will set this page up hopefully by this weekend. Once we get a little more organized(hopefully by Friday?) we can all get on live and play some other clans! IÕm not a crazy serious player I just like to have some fun and compete with other people. So I guess if your life is devoted to Halo 2 24/7 this would not be the best clan for you.

So I would like to take any advice any of you might have. Also If anyone wants to come up with some type of logo or something that would be cool. If you have received the invitation just click to accept it. IÕll do the best I can to get them out as quickly as possible but anyone that wants to help would be great. So IÕm going to say IÕll probably be on playing tonight around 8:30ish eastern time. So if anyone wants to meet then for some informal gaming and conferencing that would be great! WeÕll just party up together and play a few rounds and discuss the clan. Hopefully we can arrange some HTF vs HTF2 matches or some HTF2 vs DVDTalk matches....hahaha.... See you all tonight!!!

Need to contact me?

AIM- Mixie189

E-Mail- [email protected]

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
quote:I'd like for the future of the clan to be able to arrange some time throughout the week so when we can all meet up and play together online. If anyone has any ideas on what times are best let me know! We are also going to need a place to post all of our information. I donÕt have a web site so I guess for now we can just post any updates, questions, and information here. I believe bungie.net will provide our clan with a small page. I will set this page up hopefully by this weekend. Once we get a little more organized(hopefully by Friday?) we can all get on live and play some other clans! IÕm not a crazy serious player I just like to have some fun and compete with other people. So I guess if your life is devoted to Halo 2 24/7 this would not be the best clan for you.

Maybe there should be two HTF clans...perhaps HTF East Coast and HTF West Coast clans. It may be easier to set up clan matches this way, both intra- and inter-clan matches. 9:00p PST online gaming is pretty late for us in EST or CST time zones.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
quote:IÕm not a crazy serious player I just like to have some fun and compete with other people. So I guess if your life is devoted to Halo 2 24/7 this would not be the best clan for you.

Same here. Woohooo! Yay! I am so excited!

--

H

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ditto what they said. I'm all about getting better and fragging the shit out of my opponent, but I don't think Halo works that well as an ultra-competitive game. I really am enjoying the stats stuff that's available at Bungie.net.

Michael, I'll volunteer to help you invite/accept/organize clan members. (Considering how neat the stats are, I'm rather intrigued to see what the Bungie clan page looks like!)

I'll drop you an instant message when you log on later tonight.

Teamball = Hot!

CTF = Not!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks