Halo 2 demo on Brute Force?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Keith_R, May 21, 2003.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey everyone, my friend is saying that there is going to be a Halo 2 demo on Brute Force when it streets soon. Is this true? he also thought that it might be playable? is there any truth to all this? thanks.

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Preview, yes. Playable, no. AFAIK.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Halo 2 is so far away that a playable demo would be extremely unlikely.

-Dave

4. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

It's probably going to be the E3 trailer.

5. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

Anyone know where I can download this trailer in its entirety? I was only able to find a 10 second clip.

6. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

The official XBox site has it...the trailer I mean. I think it's www.xbox.com

You can download the gameplay footage from E3 on IGN's site if you're an insider.

BTW, I signed up for insider specifically because of that download.

7. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    That would be sweet to have the entire 8-9 min 'demo' Joseph Staten did of Halo 2 at E3!!

Even with the T1 line, here at work, it still comes across kinda grainy, in a small window.

I'd love to see it on my h.t.

Is this confirmed? It's really going to be on the Brute Force disc?

8. Dave.A.C

Dave.A.C Agent

This will be the first I've heard of it, if so. I would imagine something that significant would be reported somewhere besides this forum. But here's hoping. Like Derrik said, I'd love a direct feed 480p DD5.1 version of that gameplay footage.

9. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

Halo2 vid from E3 perhaps, but a halo2 playable demo, well, let's just say, that if that was the case, then BF would more than a likely be a platinum title out of the gate.

The thing that bothers me the most about microsoft is how little they promote their games. It's really very depressing to witness. Chintzy, unimaginative one-page ads in the mags. One page ads typically signify to gamers, a B title. You expect at the minumum, 2 page ads for A titles. Look at EA's ads for NBA Street: Volume 2. 4 consecutive pages. MS is still such a newb when it comes to marketing games, it's embaressing.

Sony outmarkets MS badly. In mags like EGM, sony stakes out the first pages with 2 page ads. Hell, they even do 2 page ads for pap like My Street. Even browsers at a magazine stand wind up taking in those ads as they flip through. Microsoft one page ads are buried somewhere in the middle. Nintendo as per usual, doesn't believe in marketing, period. They have a field of dreams mentality, make the game and they will come.

10. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor