What's new

Halloween: The Complete Collection/Limited Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
So does the "producer's cut" include additional blood & gore? I have it on DVD-R somewhere, but can't remember if I even watched it or not...

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Btw. I believe the audio commentary with Jamie Lee Curtis and Steve Miner was recorded for the 1999 DVD of H20 (was there even a sticker advertising it on the case or something?). For some reason it was dropped. Now please finally include that to this box set!Any other ideas for Scream/AB?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jari K said:
Btw. I believe the audio commentary with Jamie Lee Curtis and Steve Miner was recorded for the 1999 DVD of H20 (was there even a sticker advertising it on the case or something?)
It was printed on the back cover as a special feature. I'm guessing they removed it from the cover at some point but the commentary was listed at first (though there was no commentary actually on the disc).

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
moviebuff75 said:
I prefer the Universal disc of "Halloween II" to the Shout disc. The latter contains too much DNR and some brief instances of macroblocking. The Universal disc has a lot of specks but is more filmlike.
when I pre order also keeping the Uni disc, one great reason Terror in the Aisles , don't see that bonus feature showing up anywhere, in this set

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"Terror in the Aisles , don't see that bonus feature showing up anywhere, in this set"Probably not. Was this on HD in the Halloween II BD?

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
From Daniel Farrands' Facebook page:"H6 FANS! Composer Alan Howarth and I will be recording a commentary on the Producer's Cut this Thursday (5/29) and would like to get some questions from you guys that you'd like us to address. I get that everyone wants to know why Danielle Harris wasn't in the film (I'll explain that one) but anything else is fair game. Please help me spread the word around the "Halloween" message boards, etc. and forward any non-repetitive questions to this thread."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
hc_beauty_r3 email.jpg
hccps300dpi email.png

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So assuming that the picture of the discs are representative of the final product, I'd guess that the final disc breakdown is:

discs 1 and 2 are the existing Halloween Blu-rays
discs 3 and 4 are the existing Scream Factory Halloween II Blu-ray and DVD (TV version)
disc 5 is the existing Halloween III: Season Of The Witch Blu-ray
disc 6 is the existing Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers Blu-ray
disc 7 is the existing Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers Blu-ray
discs 8 and 9 are NEW Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers Blu-rays (probably one disc with the theatrical cut and one with the producer's cut)
disc 10 is a NEW Halloween: H20 Blu-ray
disc 11 is a NEW Halloween: Resurrection Blu-ray
discs 12 and 13 are the existing Halloween (2007) Blu-rays
disc 14 is the existing Halloween II (2009) Blu-ray
and I guess that disc 15 is a NEW bonus disc.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Looks that way. I wonder are the "theatrical" versions of Zombie's H1&2 included?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Both boxsets look great, I love how they went with the vintage classic look. Since I don't have Scream Factory's H2 & H3, I might pick this up for them and the rest to just to own. Now this says Complete Collection but is this really the end of Micheal Myers?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
TravisR said:
So assuming that the picture of the discs are representative of the final product, I'd guess that the final disc breakdown is:

disc 10 is a NEW Halloween: H20 Blu-ray
disc 11 is a NEW Halloween: Resurrection Blu-ray
Do we know that these are new blu-rays, and not the existing ones? I certainly hope they're remastered.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
JohnMor said:
Do we know that these are new blu-rays, and not the existing ones? I certainly hope they're remastered.
H20 is probably new, as the Echo Bridge release from 2011 had no features at all, where as Resurrection had all of it's DVD features on it's 2012 release from the same company.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
JohnMor said:
Yeah, I'm making an assumption that they're new but I'm almost positive that Echo Bridge's H20 and Resurrection discs were both MAR. Never say never but I'm going to say that they'd never release a cropped movie in a set like this.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
TravisR said:
Yeah, I'm making an assumption that they're new but I'm almost positive that Echo Bridge's H20 and Resurrection discs were both MAR. Never say never but I'm going to say that they'd never release a cropped movie in a set like this.
It's one of the reasons why I might cancel my pre-order. Remember when they used the old DVD transfers instead of the the newer HD ones initially on their Bruce Lee set? Shout/Scream Factory I believe replaced the discs and did right, but it's still an annoying mistake to have happened.

Lot's can potentially go wrong on a set like this, but it's so damned cool, I can't bring myself to hold of buying it right away. :S

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
From Anchor Bay...

[font="Arial;font-size:medium;color:rgb(0"]Work continues on the [/font]HALLOWEEN COMPLETE COLLECTION[font="Arial;font-size:medium;color:rgb(0"] Blu-ray set. Bonus features continue to be added on a daily basis, and an announcement is forthcoming outlining all the great [/font]newly produced [font="Arial;font-size:medium;color:rgb(0"]interviews, featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and more that will be included in the 15-disc Deluxe Edition.[/font]
So, as we near our nation's birthday, please enjoy the attached behind-the-scenes photo of the actress who helped launched the historic franchise -- Jamie Lee Curtis, as she sat down with HALLOWEEN H20 director Steve Miner (r) and moderator Sean Clark (c) for a new commentary track and interview that you'll hear and see starting September 23rd!
img_1699.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Since that's a current picture, I'm now guessing that the commentary that was supposed to be on the Halloween H20 DVD back in 1998 never got recorded.

It's nice to see Jamie Lee Curtis embracing some more of her horror work (outside of the first Halloween).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks