Halloween: The Complete Collection/Limited Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 17, 2014.

1. jacksparrow900

Jason
    the producer's cut is from an original negative they screened last october in LA.

2. Jari K

Jari K Producer

So does the "producer's cut" include additional blood & gore? I have it on DVD-R somewhere, but can't remember if I even watched it or not...

3. jacksparrow900

Jason
    the deaths are less in the producer's cut.

4. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Less? You mean the "prod cut" is actually a tamer version?

5. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Btw. I believe the audio commentary with Jamie Lee Curtis and Steve Miner was recorded for the 1999 DVD of H20 (was there even a sticker advertising it on the case or something?). For some reason it was dropped. Now please finally include that to this box set!Any other ideas for Scream/AB?

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It was printed on the back cover as a special feature. I'm guessing they removed it from the cover at some point but the commentary was listed at first (though there was no commentary actually on the disc).

7. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    when I pre order also keeping the Uni disc, one great reason Terror in the Aisles , don't see that bonus feature showing up anywhere, in this set

8. Jari K

Jari K Producer

"Terror in the Aisles , don't see that bonus feature showing up anywhere, in this set"Probably not. Was this on HD in the Halloween II BD?

9. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    yes it was, and a damn good presentation at that :D

ahollis likes this.
  10. Jari K

Jari K Producer

From Daniel Farrands' Facebook page:"H6 FANS! Composer Alan Howarth and I will be recording a commentary on the Producer's Cut this Thursday (5/29) and would like to get some questions from you guys that you'd like us to address. I get that everyone wants to know why Danielle Harris wasn't in the film (I'll explain that one) but anything else is fair game. Please help me spread the word around the "Halloween" message boards, etc. and forward any non-repetitive questions to this thread."

Jason_V and Dale MA like this.
  11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    hc_beauty_r3 email.jpg
    hccps300dpi email.png

dana martin and TravisR like this.
  12. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

So assuming that the picture of the discs are representative of the final product, I'd guess that the final disc breakdown is:

discs 1 and 2 are the existing Halloween Blu-rays
    discs 3 and 4 are the existing Scream Factory Halloween II Blu-ray and DVD (TV version)
    disc 5 is the existing Halloween III: Season Of The Witch Blu-ray
    disc 6 is the existing Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers Blu-ray
    disc 7 is the existing Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers Blu-ray
    discs 8 and 9 are NEW Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Myers Blu-rays (probably one disc with the theatrical cut and one with the producer's cut)
    disc 10 is a NEW Halloween: H20 Blu-ray
    disc 11 is a NEW Halloween: Resurrection Blu-ray
    discs 12 and 13 are the existing Halloween (2007) Blu-rays
    disc 14 is the existing Halloween II (2009) Blu-ray
    and I guess that disc 15 is a NEW bonus disc.

13. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Looks that way. I wonder are the "theatrical" versions of Zombie's H1&2 included?

14. darkrock17

darkrock17 Supporting Actor

Andrew McClure
    Both boxsets look great, I love how they went with the vintage classic look. Since I don't have Scream Factory's H2 & H3, I might pick this up for them and the rest to just to own. Now this says Complete Collection but is this really the end of Micheal Myers?

15. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Do we know that these are new blu-rays, and not the existing ones? I certainly hope they're remastered.

16. darkrock17

darkrock17 Supporting Actor

Andrew McClure
    H20 is probably new, as the Echo Bridge release from 2011 had no features at all, where as Resurrection had all of it's DVD features on it's 2012 release from the same company.

17. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, I'm making an assumption that they're new but I'm almost positive that Echo Bridge's H20 and Resurrection discs were both MAR. Never say never but I'm going to say that they'd never release a cropped movie in a set like this.

18. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    It's one of the reasons why I might cancel my pre-order. Remember when they used the old DVD transfers instead of the the newer HD ones initially on their Bruce Lee set? Shout/Scream Factory I believe replaced the discs and did right, but it's still an annoying mistake to have happened.

Lot's can potentially go wrong on a set like this, but it's so damned cool, I can't bring myself to hold of buying it right away. :S

19. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    From Anchor Bay...

[font="Arial;font-size:medium;color:rgb(0"]Work continues on the [/font]HALLOWEEN COMPLETE COLLECTION[font="Arial;font-size:medium;color:rgb(0"] Blu-ray set. Bonus features continue to be added on a daily basis, and an announcement is forthcoming outlining all the great [/font]newly produced [font="Arial;font-size:medium;color:rgb(0"]interviews, featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and more that will be included in the 15-disc Deluxe Edition.[/font]
    So, as we near our nation's birthday, please enjoy the attached behind-the-scenes photo of the actress who helped launched the historic franchise -- Jamie Lee Curtis, as she sat down with HALLOWEEN H20 director Steve Miner (r) and moderator Sean Clark (c) for a new commentary track and interview that you'll hear and see starting September 23rd!
    img_1699.jpeg

TravisR likes this.
  20. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ Since that's a current picture, I'm now guessing that the commentary that was supposed to be on the Halloween H20 DVD back in 1998 never got recorded.

It's nice to see Jamie Lee Curtis embracing some more of her horror work (outside of the first Halloween).