Halloween Music? (1 Viewer)

shivasounds

Auditioning
Real Name
mary
Hey all!
I have been looking for Halloween music and sounds that
I could download for my ipod.

I found a couple great albums available on Itunes and Amazon on mp3 format from DPM Records

Does anyone know of any other good sources for Halloween Mp3s?

Thanks!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I have some wonderful music in my library that I listen to every year. Some of these include the 'standard' orchestral works you hear on some television shows or in films at this time of year (and which I love); e.g., M. Mussorgsky's Night On Bald Mountain, the fourth and fifth movements from Berlioz' Symphony Fantastique, and P. Dukas' The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Others include some of the dark and ominous organ works of Dandrieu and F. Liszt (horrifyingly appropriate, IMO) as well as some of the 'minorish' (key-wise) organ works of C. Franck.

I also have a collection on CD that includes the theme from Dark Shadows and a sampling of the music from Psycho, some great organ works of J. S. Bach, as well as other works. I will try to post the title of that CD when I get home. There are around 11-14 tracks on this collection, and all of them are good, with some of them being excellent. :emoji_thumbsup:

One of my personal favorites--complete with guillotine-ish sounds in the finale -- is F. Poulenc's Dialogue de Carmelites. I recommend this work any time of year, although the march to the scaffold and beheading of the main characters during the singing of the Salve regina -- with the chorus becoming thinner and thinner number-wise as people are killed off -- can be a bit ... squeamish. ;)

Addendum: The title of the CD is Drew's Famous Halloween Music From the Crypt. I can provide a track listing if anyone is interested. The music publisher's no. is: TUTM 1905-2.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said. "The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one--but still they come!"

There are still stations that play the Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds every Halloween.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
There are no sound effects, but I highly recommend Danny Elfman's score for Sleepy Hollow. Just amazing music, and absolutely perfect for Halloween.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

Holy nostalgia, Batman! I had that album as a kid, and LOVED it. Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks