What's new

Halloween 6-disc 30th Anniversary release (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Here we go again...

Myers fans, make more room on your DVD shelf. Sources tell ShockTillYouDrop.com that an ad will appear this week in one of the video trade papers announcing a new six-disc (!) Halloween: 30th Anniversary box set. The latest presentation will include multiple presentations of John Carpenter's 1978 film - including a Blu-Ray edition and the rare extended edition. As an incentive, distributor Anchor Bay will package the set with a miniature Michael Myers mask. Look for full specs and artwork here on Shock soon!

I don't think the 'rare extended edition' refers to the footage Fangoria reported a while back that was found; I'm pretty sure it's the extant TV version, so looks like nothing new here folks...

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
6 discs?!? The Lord of the Rings EE's are only 4 discs each and they were packed. One disc has got to be the soundtrack. I can't wait to see those specs. Nice to see that its coming out on blu-ray too as I never upgraded the 25th anniversary to the previous blu-ray release. Will this be the first blu-ray double dip? I know The 5th Element was re-released with a better transfer but I don't think that counts.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Hooray! I was wondering when Halloween would finally get released on DVD!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Oh, wait...:laugh:

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
6 disks seems a little much but hopefully this will mean that Anchor Bay can never, ever, ever again re-issue these damn things.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Its Anchor Bay. I'm sure we haven't seen the last Halloween, Evil Dead, Romero's Dead films, etc. To be fair aside from the odd screw-up they do put out quality product. I just wish the Ultimate Edition of Evil Dead would make its way to blu-ray some time soon.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I wonder which version of the Halloween DVD will be included in the box. Will it be The Limited edition, The 25th anniversary edition, The Divimax version (or was that the 25th anniversary edition? It's so hard to keep track), a movie-only edition or a new pressing with new extras? I suppose time will tell.

Which has been re-released more: Halloween or The Evil Dead (not counting the sequels of either)? Is anyone keeping score?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Quote:

Which has been re-released more: Halloween or The Evil Dead (not counting the sequels of either)? Is anyone keeping score?

vs.

Evil Dead wins by a hair.
htf_images_smilies_eek.gif
Seems AB has Evil Dead and Halloween fans pegged as chumps.
htf_images_smilies_laugh.gif

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The 35Th Anniversary version will certainly have more...the whole series including TC and DC, the remake, all documentaries for each film...AND ALL ON ONE DISC. ;) Plus a full size mask and machete attached.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Perhaps by the 35th Anniversary Universal will sell the rights to 2 and 3 over the Anchor Bay and we can do this again.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

If it weren't for stuff like HALLOWEEN, EVIL DEAD and ARMY OF DARKNESS selling then we wouldn't have a lot of the "C" pictures they've released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks