Hah! A Uwe Boll petition

Discussion in 'Movies' started by todd stone, Apr 7, 2008.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I signed, but after that I kind of regretted it. The comments people are leaving on the petition are far sicker than anything Boll has ever done.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    To drive those who left comments mad, let's make a petition stating:

"We, the undersigned, demand that Uwe Boll be named director of the Hobbit films, effective immediately."

[​IMG]

Don't care that much about the Hobbit films myself, but I don't know what else would get 'em riled up.

4. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    AKA: Drawing more attention to my films so that their rentals will continue to climb year after year.

5. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

Oh for sure. Uwe Boll knows exactly what he's doing now. The fact that most people signing probably haven't even seen a SINGLE film of his but know his name speaks a lot.

6. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

This'll make you feel better.

7. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    just sign the petition i beg all of you!

but with his work , all i can say is that maybe more people will respect the accomplishments of ed wood, he did better with a lot less budget

8. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott
    If people would quite renting his movies then he would go away. If the films keep getting DVD and TV deals then they'll continue to be made. This guy is Kubrick when you compare his films to what Ulli Lommel has been turning out the past few years. As Lommel said, people and studios keep going after them so he'll keep making them.

9. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

No he wouldn't. That's what's so insidious about him. His movies are tax shelters -- the Germans who finance his films get to write-off their investments, and only pay taxes on any dividends they receive if the film turns a profit. So they don't care if the movie loses money, as long as it loses less than they would be paying in taxes.

10. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott
    But I've read that the law changed three years ago so he's still seeing money come in from other sources. I don't buy the Nazi gold thing but I thought about starting a rumor that he's Satan's love child and that's how he gets the funds.

His critics have created a monster and made him a cult item like Ed Wood, Al Adamson and various other "bad" filmmakers. People will continue to seek his films out because people will read all the complaints and then want to see what all the fuss is about. Boll can box a critic, say he'll retire or say he'll sleep with a dead body. All this does is get his name in the media, fans start talking and then more people go to see what all the fuss is about.

These cult movies need talk to keep them alive and so far it seems to be working quite well for Boll. Hell, I plan on watching all of his films during the horror challenge this year. [​IMG]

11. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yep. If you don't like his movies, don't watch them and don't mention him as a punchline and then his career will be finished. This petition just gets his name out there even more as the modern day Ed Wood which makes more people rent his movies to see if they're as bad as they heard.

12. John Dirk

John Dirk Second Unit

Agreed. I never even heard of this guy, but now I'm curious.

John

13. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    the biggest difference is i find Woods works to be entertaining, not good moves but at least watchable, if nothing else he has Lugosi, Boll on the other hand just sucks.

but hey that is his style, just like i look for camera angels in Wells best works,dont look for anything from boll

14. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott
    I've only seen HOUSE OF THE DEAD and thought it was awful but all this talk about him has made me curious in his other movies. I've been reviewing for LionsGate for many years now and so far they have re-released HOUSE OF THE DEAD two times (not extra material, just a re-release). I asked why they kept putting this out there and two different people told me it's because they keep selling.

The Ulli Lommel films are so hated and get so much heat that they continue to sale as well. If you can get a DVD company to buy your film even before you film it then there's a great chance at someone putting down the money to make it. Lommel is using this to his advantage and apparently Boll is going to as well.

15. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

16. troy evans

troy evans Screenwriter

17. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

A clear case where creating the petition has now giving him far more attention than he deserves. Sometimes if you don't do anything people and situations tend to die off a hard, painful death.

18. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter