What's new

Had to share. Pretty Bizzare! (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
It must have been really something to see that in person!

The Bad Astronomer wrote about it yesterday, and concluded that it's almost certainly an out-of-control rocket:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/12/09/awesomely-bizarre-light-show-freaks-out-norway/

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I'm thinking that's a re-entry of some man-made space junk or a missle test. I saw one of these light spirals 24 years ago when I was delivering papers at 5:00 AM. My brother also saw it and my English teacher mentioned seeing it on a morning walk. Within two days there was an article in the paper about it, and the government admitted they had been doing some missle testing and it had broken up in the upper atmosphere.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
If you watch the video it's pretty strange. The spiral opens up at the end and looks like a giant hole that gets pretty big. Don't believe the missile test propaganda, clearly it's aliens!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Yep, according to MSNBC.com it was a Russian missle test.
I can almost hear the collective sigh of disappointment from the "I want something that science can't explain!" people.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Another sky-spiral appeared the next day. Looks like the Russians are testing more rockets. Again, Bad Astronomy has a write-up:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/12/12/another-russian-rocket-spiral-lights-up-the-sky/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks