What's new

H/K3375 and Marantz PM7000 (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I'm buidling a music-only office system and looking at both of these pieces. They both sound terrific. Of course, the H/K has a tuner, and the Marantz does not, but that's not a deal-breaker.

So, any info about build-quality, reliability, durability or personal experience with either or both would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I love my PM7000!! This thing has an immense power reserve. Build quality is first rate. The amp section is HDAM, the same type as, but a bit less powerful than, the 9300. I have never even had to turn this thing past 1/2 volume, and my typical listening level is only about 1/4. At 1/2 volume, the sound is uncomfortable, yet still has no perceptible distortion. I wasn't sure I would be happy that it did not have a tuner also, but I have not missed having one for a second. I think this amp will benefit from a lower sensitivity speaker.

I am currently driving Mordaunt Short MS902s and I am very pleased with the combination. I have also run Studio 20s on it, and they were very happy with the power. The 20s lower sensitivity allowed me to push the amp a bit harder (still below 1/2).

For the price, I would highly recommend this integrated. I got a good deal on my 7000, and I am very happy with it. You might also want to consider checking out NAD integrateds.

Note: the remote is fine, but it only controls other Marantz equipment, not programmable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks