H/K3375 and Marantz PM7000

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Angelo.M, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Aug 15, 2002
    I'm buidling a music-only office system and looking at both of these pieces. They both sound terrific. Of course, the H/K has a tuner, and the Marantz does not, but that's not a deal-breaker.

So, any info about build-quality, reliability, durability or personal experience with either or both would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
  2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

Jun 24, 1999
    I love my PM7000!! This thing has an immense power reserve. Build quality is first rate. The amp section is HDAM, the same type as, but a bit less powerful than, the 9300. I have never even had to turn this thing past 1/2 volume, and my typical listening level is only about 1/4. At 1/2 volume, the sound is uncomfortable, yet still has no perceptible distortion. I wasn't sure I would be happy that it did not have a tuner also, but I have not missed having one for a second. I think this amp will benefit from a lower sensitivity speaker.

I am currently driving Mordaunt Short MS902s and I am very pleased with the combination. I have also run Studio 20s on it, and they were very happy with the power. The 20s lower sensitivity allowed me to push the amp a bit harder (still below 1/2).

For the price, I would highly recommend this integrated. I got a good deal on my 7000, and I am very happy with it. You might also want to consider checking out NAD integrateds.

Note: the remote is fine, but it only controls other Marantz equipment, not programmable.