What's new

GunValkyrie 101: Help With Controls (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the latest Xbox Magazine with GunValkyrie on the demo disk. Unfortunately, they don't provide an in-game graphic of the control layout and I would like someting more than the walkthrough tutorial. Specifically what each button does but more importantly tips for movement and staying afloat. I've been looking forward to this game but with the mixed reviews I want to spend some time with this demo before I pull the trigger.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
A - does nothing

B - change weapon

X - change weapon

Y - change weapon

White button - display map

Black button - display elapsed time

Left trigger - boost

Right trigger - attack

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
To expand Donnies post a bit....

Left Thumbstick-Moves character

Click the left thumbstick plus a direction to boost dash.

Right Thumbstick-Controls the look function (Lets you look around). Click the right thumbstick and a direction to quick turn in the corresponding direction. (Example: Click right thumbstick and pull back-you will automatically change views to the opposite direction you were facing).

When you get a full blue meter you can do the napalm attack. Click the left and right trigger together to perform this.

Right shoulder-Attack button

Left shoulder-This controls your boost into the air. Hold the left trigger to boost higher.

You can also boost dash while in the air. Meaning you can can click the Left thumbstick and pull in any direction and you will automatically dash in that direction while in mid-air.

The same thing goes for the quick turns. You can quick turn in the air by clicking on the right thumbstick and the desired direction. Part of the fun in the game is learning how to combine all of these skills to stay in the air! The longer you stay up high the less enemies will ever hit you. The more you dash and spin while popping bad guys the better technique scores you'll get.

Donnie pretty much covered the rest.

Also, Im not sure exactly what is included with the demo but if its only the first level, its truly not an indication of what you can do in the game. The first level is really slow and is just so you can get used to how the play mechanics work. You wont really start using the more advanced techniques until you get too about level 4-5 (after the first boss).

Users who are viewing this thread