Guns of Will Sonnett - Where's the last episode?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark To, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

I just got my Season 2 Guns of Will Sonnett in the mail and I tought it was missing the concluding episode of the series. Just like The Fugitive, the final episode was held off until after the summer repeats and aired at the end of the summer. Except to this day, I've still never seen it. It's not listed on the box, but it's included as a bonus.

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Color me confused Mark.
    Your topic reads, "Where's the last episode?" Then you say "...it's included as a bonus."

3. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

I actually posted it before finding it and then modified the post.

4. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

does the 2-set package have all 50 episodes ? it advertises only 49. i dont see any mention of a bonus episode.

thanks.

5. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

I used to have it. Yes, the final episode is there. From what I recall reading they were hoping to do a third season with the family all together as the law in a town, but the networks didn't buy it. I believe that last episode was actually the pilot for the new season, which is why it is considered a bonus episode

6. jimmyjet

jimmyjet Producer

i just got done reading that this set's episodes have all been cut, from the original shows. is that true ? so many things to watch out for, even on new sets !!!!!

7. Bob Gu

Bob Gu Supporting Actor

Bob Gudera
    The GUNS OF WILL SONNETT and BRANDED have been out on DVD since 2004, and cut. And the story was that the cut episodes were obtained from the sydicator and were the only versions available.

The Complete Sonnettt set is the third time Timeless Media has released Sonnett,(The first two times in S1 and S-2 sets). On the Timeless 2004 release the boxes listed the short running times.

If Timeless had found more complete episodes, I think they would have advertised that fact for the new release of the complete set. Or someone who bought it would have been spreading the word by now.

8. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    I have the 2004 set and even if cut, I enjoy revisting this show and Branded. Great westerns and great dramas.

9. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

I enjoyed watching both SONNETT and BRANDED as well. Both ended up losing steam after the seconds seasons and each had to try a new premise that just didn't take hold for a third season. Personally, while I enjoyed watching them I didn't see a need to revisit them in the future. Especially, with all the good westerns from that era out on DVD. That's why I sold mine off.

As far as cuts go, BRANDED was the one with the more severe cuts that I recall. Some being real awkward like jumping right into the middle of a fight scene where you missed some of the context. Also, characters showing up like they were already introduced earlier.

But, I'll never forget the BRANDED theme song, or Brennan's "No Brag...Just Fact" in SONNETT, both classic.