Guns N' Roses! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
info taken from www.heretodaygonetohell.com

Amazon.com and Bestbuy.com are both listing the following GN'R DVDs:
Welcome To The Videos
Use Your Illusion 1: World Tour - 1992 in Tokyo Part I
Use Your Illusion 1: World Tour - 1992 in Tokyo Part II

According to Amazon.com and Bestbuy.com the DVDs go onsale on October 28th and they list Geffen as the studio.

There's no official word on the release yet.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Cool! I saw a couple shows on that tour, they played a bill with Metallica. Unbelievable. Slash's "Godfather Theme" solo on that sweet gold-top Les Paul is worth the price of both.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'll be buying at least one of these.

Hopefully that date is correct...let's hope the DVD has a better track record of showing up than the band. :D

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
as far as i know, this is the first time welcome to the videos will be available on DVD. But yes, i have the brazilian versions if the Tokyo shows and won't be rebuying them unless there's something amazing like anamorphic widescreen on the new ones.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"let's hope the DVD has a better track record of showing up than the band."

What do you mean??? They were only 1.5 hours late in Mpls last time around(2002). It was a great tour. 3 cities I believe. :D

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
Awesome...I have my Tokyo VHS tapes right on my shelf, but I just don't watch VHS anymore.

Hoping for 5.1

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Does anyone hold out any hope that this coming release signals that the hype machine is being reactivated because the album is close to coming out? These are titles that could have been released years ago. Normally I would say I am gripping for straws by thinking this but there was a flutter of activity with the band back at the beginning of September.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Face it 'The Album' is never going to come out, ever :).

They probably see the success of the concert dvd genre and realized that there is a pile of money to be made by releasing these.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard that Axl is trying to tie in the release of the new G'nR album Chinese Democracy with the fall of communism in Red China. This will, of course, be followed by the Snowballs In Hell World Tour.

I'll definitely pick up these dvds since I haven't seen the VHS. Maybe this will get the new Slash/Izzy project to pick up some steam. Is Scott Weiland still doing the vocals for this?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Anyone have any serious comments? I realize this album has become a joke but it will eventually come out even if its still not for another few years. As crazy as Axl is there is someone funding this recording who is not him and who is going to at some point attempt to recoup their costs by releasing an album.

And besides this dvd release last month there were rumblings from the band as a new single was supposedly played on New Yorks Q104.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Actually there is no single. The song was leaked and that radio station had to pay the ramifications for that.

My guess is the album is being held to work out potential lawsuits with the new members of the band.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I realize this album has become a joke but it will eventually come out even if its still not for another few years."

Really, it is VERY hard not to be funny about this so called album. In fact I read a quote similar to yours 'a few years ago', and STILL I see no album. AXL is a JOKE and needs some serious help.

That being said. I did enjoy his new rendition of GNR that toured for 3 cities and it is a shame that he can't get his SHIT together to even tour. :angry:

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I don't get why you would think there would be lawsuits from new members of the band, unless your counting people like Dave Navaro who may have recorded or written stuff with Axl. If there is legal trouble, more likely its with old members.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
The only serious observation that I can make here is:

"Axl Rose has seriously screwed this once great band."

Chinese Democracy could have been released two years ago if Axl felt that it was up to "his" standards. At least half of the tracks have been circulating around the internet for eighteen months. In fact, you can go to this site for more information about the Guns n Roses album, and reviews of previous concerts from as far back as 2001 where Axl & Co. were playing new material.

http://www.mygnr.com

After the fiasco following this year's Madison Square Garden show, the members were supposed to reconvene in August to "finish" Chinese Democracy and start a new tour in mid-September... As far as I can tell, it didn't happen. Seriously. At this point I just don't care about Chinese Democracy anymore.

I dug up this Rolling Stone article from this summer that updates both projects.

http://www.rollingstone.com/features...id=1682&cf=344

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, today my local Best Buy (New Mexico) has a Use Your Illusion I DVD in the Music DVD section.

The weird part is, it appears to be an import...all the writing on the front and back is in Spanish.

I did not buy it, but it does say that it was a Tokyo Show, so I assume it is the title mentioned by the original poster.

BGL

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Futureshop has both dvd's and a dvd of music videos listed on their site now. Sound format is listed as Dolby Digital Stereo. Oct 28, $14.99cdn each.

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, today my local Best Buy (New Mexico) has a Use Your Illusion I DVD in the Music DVD section.

The weird part is, it appears to be an import...all the writing on the front and back is in Spanish.
I'm hoping that these new releases aren't just Brazilian VHS to DVD copies then. Even though they are legal imports from what I understand, previous Brazilian imports (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc.) have been reported to be of terrible quality (as any VHS to DVD dub would likely be).

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that these new releases aren't just Brazilian VHS to DVD copies then. Even though they are legal imports from what I understand, previous Brazilian imports (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, etc.) have been reported to be of terrible quality (as any VHS to DVD dub would likely be).
In Brazil, the language is Portuguese, IIRC.

Having said that, written Portuguese looks a bit like Spanish, so it may have in fact been Portuguese. Spoken, you will never mistake the two, but the written word is another matter.

Having travelled there on occasion, I can confidently say that, while I can pick up the odd word or two of Spanish, Portuguese might as well be Klingon to my ears.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks